lost files

Old January 18th 04, 12:07 AM
me

Default lost files

My PC has come up with a couple of messages which say something along
the lines of 'you have no more space on drive D, would
you like to delete unwanted whatever to free up space'. Last time this
happened I did delete some things but only from the deleted items folder,
temp internet files etc, only to find I'd lost most of what was stored on
drive D! Its this drive I'm getting the messages about now although its
nowhere near full. Any idea what's going on please, I'm no expert, and
would
hate to loose all my files and folders again!!

Cheers,
Steve.

Old January 18th 04, 01:46 AM
Jeroen [_]D

"me" wrote in message
: My PC has come up with a couple of messages which say something along
: the lines of 'you have no more space on drive D, would
: you like to delete unwanted whatever to free up space'. Last time this
: happened I did delete some things but only from the deleted items folder,
: temp internet files etc, only to find I'd lost most of what was stored on
: drive D! Its this drive I'm getting the messages about now although its
: nowhere near full. Any idea what's going on please, I'm no expert, and
: would
: hate to loose all my files and folders again!!
:
: Cheers,
: Steve.
:
Can you not clean the drive manually? What is on it? Is it a partioned
harddisc? Why is it nowhere near full? What do the properties say?

Old January 18th 04, 04:59 AM
me

Hi Jeroen,

Yes I clean it manually, but last time I did it when prompted by the PC I
lost almost everything! Yes its partitioned with Partition Magic. Its a 20
gig
hard-drive and the properties say I've used 743 MB of 10.5 GB. That's why
I don't understand why I'm being told I have no more space available on
the drive! It has such
things as my web pages, my wife's web pages, family photos, work stuff etc
etc. :-)

Cheers,

Steve.