Help! Keystrokes make games crash w/GeForce2 Go card

Old October 7th 03, 08:51 PM
Deborah Gray

Default Help! Keystrokes make games crash w/GeForce2 Go card

I have used a GeForce2 Go card for the last two years in my Dell
Inspiron 8100, and while I have had more blue screens of death than I
would like, I can get most programs to run. Now within the last two
months, I have run into two games that crash when I use keystrokes.
They don't, however, crash on my husband's computer, which is
identical to mine other than the fact that his has an ATI card.

In both Ghost Master and Anarchy Online, I can use my mouse without a
problem, but the second I hit a key, the games crash to the desktop. I
have the most up to date drivers from Dell for the card.

Any ideas?
Old October 8th 03, 12:58 AM
DaveW

Your video chipset was NOT designed for the games that are currently being
coded. Time to upgrade (or play two year old games...)

--
DaveW

om...

Old October 8th 03, 03:30 AM
Deborah Gray

It's Windows XP Pro. It's a laptop, so I can't switch keyboards, unfortunately.

Shep© wrote in message . ..

What O/S?
Have you tried swapping the keyboards(make sure power is off if they
are PS2 keyboards).

Old October 8th 03, 12:14 PM
Me

Does the keyboard use a driver to get extra functionality from extra keys.
If so try removing or disabling the keyboard software for testing purposes.

Old October 8th 03, 03:00 PM
Deborah Gray

Since my husband's card is actually older than mine, I'm assuming that
this is a problem with the chipset, not the age.

Old October 8th 03, 03:06 PM
Deborah Gray

Just remembered - I can also play Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot and
Star Wars Galaxies with my card, so although I know a newer card would
help, and I'd certainly love to get one when I can afford it, I don't
really think age is the only issue. This card has been causing me
problems from the beginning. As I said, my husband's laptop is
identical to mine except for the card, and while I get blue screens of
death at least three or four times a week, he barely ever sees one. I
faithfully update the driver when a new one comes out, but it never
helps.

Old October 9th 03, 06:17 PM
Deborah Gray

I checked and there isn't any software or driver other than the basic
Windows XP. I tried plugging in another keyboard, and I still crashed.

I looked at the Dell forums, and apparently a lot of people had
problems with this graphics card.