Dell Part Number for IDT-10 Cable?

Old October 8th 06, 02:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Will

Default Dell Part Number for IDT-10 Cable?

Dell floppy and Teac memory card readers in the Precision Workstation line
use an IDT-10 cable to mate to the motherboard. What is the Dell part
number for this cable, or if any third party makes it what is the
information needed to order that?

--
Will

Old October 8th 06, 02:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Will" wrote in message
Dell floppy and Teac memory card readers in the Precision Workstation line
use an IDT-10 cable to mate to the motherboard. What is the Dell part
number for this cable, or if any third party makes it what is the
information needed to order that?

--
Will

I could've sworn upon first reading your post read " ID10-T cable". g

Call spare parts: 1-800-357-3355

Old October 8th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Will

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..
"Will" wrote in message
Dell floppy and Teac memory card readers in the Precision Workstation

line
use an IDT-10 cable to mate to the motherboard. What is the Dell part
number for this cable, or if any third party makes it what is the
information needed to order that?

I could've sworn upon first reading your post read " ID10-T cable". g

Call spare parts: 1-800-357-3355

Ah, spare parts. That would be where they put you on hold for 15 minutes,
transfer you to India, hang up three times, give you the wrong part numbers,
transfer you to the wrong department, and then order the wrong product.

I guess you would have to be a real genius to want to spend three hours
ordering a $10 part instead of asking the question of other experienced
users so you could just order the correct part number when you call?

I was just trying to optimize the solution path.

--
Will

Old October 8th 06, 04:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Will wrote:

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..
"Will" wrote in message
Dell floppy and Teac memory card readers in the Precision Workstation

line
use an IDT-10 cable to mate to the motherboard. What is the Dell part
number for this cable, or if any third party makes it what is the
information needed to order that?

I could've sworn upon first reading your post read " ID10-T cable". g

Call spare parts: 1-800-357-3355

Ah, spare parts. That would be where they put you on hold for 15 minutes,
transfer you to India, hang up three times, give you the wrong part numbers,
transfer you to the wrong department, and then order the wrong product.

I guess you would have to be a real genius to want to spend three hours
ordering a $10 part instead of asking the question of other experienced
users so you could just order the correct part number when you call?

I was just trying to optimize the solution path.

Is this your experience or just what you fear?

I recently ordered a few replacement feet for an X200.

The whole process took about 5 minutes, and included free shipping.

Notan
Old October 8th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Will

"Notan" wrote in message
Is this your experience or just what you fear?

I recently ordered a few replacement feet for an X200.

The whole process took about 5 minutes, and included free shipping.

My experience has been when you go in asking for a part number, they are
efficient and fast. When you go in with a vague description of an obscure
part, you can have just about anything happen, including all of the things I
listed.

--
Will

Old October 8th 06, 01:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Notan" wrote in message
Will wrote:

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..
"Will" wrote in message
[...]

Hasn't been my experience either. It's the fastest answered phone at Dell
I've never been on the phone for more than 10 minutes total, asking for
'obscure' parts by description.

You could, of course, look it up in the service manual and get the part
number.

Tom