watercooling

Old December 24th 03, 12:59 AM
Eric R.

Default watercooling

Who has the best selection / prices for watercooling components? Also, has
anyone used the Thermaltake subzero4 Thermo elect cooler with good results?
thanks

Old December 24th 03, 11:52 AM
Adam Webb

Thermaltake subzero4 Thermo elect cooler

DO NOT BUY THIS COOLER....... a £20 heatsink will do better

--
______
From Adam Webb,

Old December 24th 03, 01:15 PM
Ed Medlin

"Adam Webb" wrote in message
Thermaltake subzero4 Thermo elect cooler

DO NOT BUY THIS COOLER....... a £20 heatsink will do better

--
______
From Adam Webb,
Nick: Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

I use the SubZero 4g and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is
NOT a supercooler and never meant to be. It keeps my processor at or below
ambient temps and kicks in when it is needed under stress. The regulator
included with the system detects increases in temps and turns the tec on and
off as needed. My idle temps are whatever the ambient temps are in the case,
and under stress the cpu never exceeds 50c. The PSU that is included is also
nice for running all my case fans from. I even run the fans on my MSI FX
5900U from it. That makes for a very quiet system for normal use. When
gaming, the fans will spin up, but I don't hear them then.......:-) I have a
P4 2.53 @ 3.06 and the temps stay the same no matter what I run the vcore
at. That is what I like about it. After heavy gaming, the cpu will drop from
the upper 40s C down to 30-35C (depends on ambient case temp) in just a few
seconds. Proper installation is critical with this system too. I found that
it is very easy to not seat the HS flush with the processor for some reason.
This might be the reason that some of the reviews are seeing higher temps
under stress. Good airflow in the case is important too. That is where the
PSU gets it's temperature readings to control all the fans from.

Ed

---