xp and 98 installation problem (disperate)

Old December 13th 03, 11:57 AM
_iNsAnE_

Default xp and 98 installation problem (disperate)

Hi,
I'm disperate, I've (for a firend of mine) make a pc with this components:
Case Middle tower 400w power
Cpu intel P4 2600 478pin 800MHz
HD: Maxtor Serial ATA 80 GByte
Ram: 1 DDR400 Kingstone 512 MByte PC3200
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000
Display Adapter: ATI Radeon 64 Mb (I think AGP 4x)
Dvd-r philips
Well everything seems works fine but:

After booting to the XP CD and proceeding through the
setup, I arrive at the section where it begins to copy the
files needed for installation. After only one or two files
it comes to a prompt that says the following:
Setup cannot copy the file: XXXXX.XXX

To retry press ENTER.
If you are installing from a CD, make sure the Windows XP
CD is in the CD-ROM drive.

To skip this file, press ESC.
CAUTION: If you skip this file, Setup may not complete and
Windows XP may not work properly.

To quit setup, press F3.

After hitting ENTER numerous times, I get a blue screen
with the STOP message of 0x0000008E.

I try to install Win 98 second edition also but it doesn't works (protection
error)

I try also to: disable HyperTrading, change memory line, load fail safe bios
parameters, change cd rom, change cd, change type of file system (fat32
instead Ntfs), change hard disk with a normal Eide (samsung 40 GB).....

I'm disperate please help me!!!!
tnx and sorry for my english
rbz

Old December 13th 03, 12:14 PM
Udo Kammer

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000

Which board revison? I have the GA-8IPE 1000 Rev. 1 and had to update
from Bios F6 to F7 to install XP Home SP1 to SATA.

I try to install Win 98 second edition also but it doesn't works (protection
error)

There is no chance to run Win98SE with this board, as Intel does not
support this OS for chipsets newer then the i845.

Udo Kammer
Kammer.Udo at gmx.info
Old December 13th 03, 12:52 PM
Stephen Williams

I try also to: disable HyperTrading, change memory line, load fail safe

bios
parameters, change cd rom, change cd, change type of file system (fat32
instead Ntfs), change hard disk with a normal Eide (samsung 40 GB).....

I'm disperate please help me!!!!
tnx and sorry for my english
rbz

Sounds like it might be bad RAM. Try different RAM (instead of just
changing the line that it's in).

Steve

Old December 13th 03, 05:55 PM
Kent_Diego

Sounds like it might be bad RAM. Try different RAM (instead of just
changing the line that it's in).

or just use one RAM module. Two modules often cause problems. Try changing
some of the BIOS settings. Could be bad CD.

-Kent

Old December 13th 03, 08:12 PM
Dimitris

After hitting ENTER numerous times, I get a blue screen
with the STOP message of 0x0000008E.

I try to install Win 98 second edition also but it doesn't works (protection
error)

I try also to: disable HyperTrading, change memory line, load fail safe bios
parameters, change cd rom, change cd, change type of file system (fat32
instead Ntfs), change hard disk with a normal Eide (samsung 40 GB).....

I'm disperate please help me!!!!
tnx and sorry for my english
rbz

It might be a power issue. If you dont have a bigger PSU(=480W) try
to lower the FSB of the processor and the DDR frequency. Or instead,
if you like danger, you can try to raise the AGP,DDR and VCORE voltage
by 0.1V or 0.2V to see if it is indeed a power issue.
Other than that, the onboard controller/southbridge (Intel ICH5) which
is responsible both for IDE and SATA drives may be out of order.In
that case you will have to change the mainboard, or try a PCI IDE or
PCI SATA controller.
Old December 14th 03, 11:16 AM
_iNsAnE_

THANKS ALL GUYS!!!
it was a bad Ram problem
I try to change the ram and it works fine, well I try also to install the
bad ram on another Pc and after a little bit time it start to work bad....
So it's a ram problem for sure
well right now I've got another problem, Xp doesn't start with my Radeon
(first model agp 4x)...
have u got any tip?
TNX u rules
rbz
"_iNsAnE_" ha scritto nel messaggio
[...]

Windows XP installation problem MLK General 16 August 26th 04 02:15 AM
Windows XP installation problem MLK Homebuilt PC's 18 August 26th 04 02:15 AM
Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
P4S333 and PC Probe installation problem root Asus Motherboards 1 December 7th 03 02:31 PM
NIC installation problem Maureen General 1 June 25th 03 02:22 AM