GA-8KNXP Ite 8212 controller

Old November 3rd 05, 05:57 PM
zm

Default GA-8KNXP Ite 8212 controller

Anyone have problems keeping Java runtime environment(all versions)
running on the 8knxp ver. 2.0( not ultra) when using the Ite 8212 as an
ultra 133 setup, not raid. I have the operating system installed on
drive C: on IDE3 and drive D: on IDE4, both masters. I have also CD-RW
as master on IDE1 and CD-R as master on IDE2. Mine works for a while
then crashes and has to be re-installed.

zm

Old November 4th 05, 03:50 AM
Mercury

Check your bios version.
The ITE was / is nothing but trouble on this mobo (& the rev 1).
For Java to affect IDE or vice versa would require a bug in kernel - IE
driver issue, so check driver.
If that doesn't clear it up, getan add in IDE card.

oups.com...