GA-7N400 Pro2 + Athlon XP-M 2500+ can overclock well ?

Old August 10th 04, 05:49 AM
zork

Default GA-7N400 Pro2 + Athlon XP-M 2500+ can overclock well ?

Hi,

Does anyone know much about XP 2500+ Mobil cpu's and if they do well in the
GA-7N400 pro2 board? Can they be successfully overclocked? And what RAM
should I get? I have the inclination to go towards 2 x 512 MB A-DATA ram. Is
this good ram from a good company? I did hear that it is good for
overclocking as compared to kingston. I have previously used Mushkin high
perf 2 sdram and that was good.

Cheers,
zork

Old August 10th 04, 07:44 AM
Achim Weissegger

I got the same board and I can easily overclock my unlocked 2500+ Barton to
2300.
There be other motherboards better suited for overclocking but I have not
got any problems
with it.The voltage adjustment is pretty basic and you have to adjust the
multiplier manualy.
The only thing thats pretty crappy is the onboard ITE IDE Raid port.
I upgraded to a PCI raid port.

Old August 10th 04, 08:09 AM
zork

Ive been thinking about that issue. What IDE raid card do you recommend with
this board? I have 7 devices (IDE/ATA) that require support. I do not use a
"Raid" configuration. I just need serial access to my drives.

Thanks!
Cheers,
zork

Old August 10th 04, 08:43 AM
Achim Weissegger

If you do not use it as a Raid 0 it's allright.You can run p to 4 devices of
the standart IDE port and
4 devices throu the Gigaraid using it as a normal IDE controller.
I heard , that you might have problems running CD/DVD drives throu the
Gigaraid unless you use a patched bios, but you can run 4 CD/DVD throu the
standart IDE controller.
I only bought a PCI raid card , because the Raid 0 was to slow , but running
single drives throu it
the performance is good.
I only used to get a 10 to 20 % performance increase by running my HDD in
Raid 0 instead of runing two single drives.
Now with the cheap second hand Iwill IDE Raid card I nearly get twice the
speed in Raid 0 compared to a single drive.