Radeon 9600 - compability issue Asus ??

Old December 1st 04, 08:48 PM
Jorgen [2400/DK]

Default Radeon 9600 - compability issue Asus ??

Hi,

i recently bought an Excalibur Radeon 9600 (256 mb), but no matter which
Motherboard (Asus A7N8X-E, Asus A7v880) I try it on - it crashes (VPU
overload) the same second I install Catalyst Drivers..

But running with my old Radeon 9500 pro (Sapphire), I have no issue what so
ever...

Anyone had simular experinces ? Perhaps even a solution ?

I'm running on winxp pro sp2 (same issue with SP1)

Thanks
jorgen

Old December 1st 04, 09:25 PM
KC Computers

i recently bought an Excalibur Radeon 9600 (256 mb), but no matter which
Motherboard (Asus A7N8X-E, Asus A7v880) I try it on - it crashes (VPU
overload) the same second I install Catalyst Drivers..
But running with my old Radeon 9500 pro (Sapphire), I have no issue what
so ever...
Anyone had simular experinces ? Perhaps even a solution ?
I'm running on winxp pro sp2 (same issue with SP1)

Did you try downloading the latest drivers from www.atitech.ca?

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer for 13+ years!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Old December 1st 04, 09:44 PM
sheer

"Jorgen [2400/DK]" wrote in message
Hi,

i recently bought an Excalibur Radeon 9600 (256 mb), but no matter which
Motherboard (Asus A7N8X-E, Asus A7v880) I try it on - it crashes (VPU
overload) the same second I install Catalyst Drivers..

But running with my old Radeon 9500 pro (Sapphire), I have no issue what
so ever...

Anyone had simular experinces ? Perhaps even a solution ?

I'm running on winxp pro sp2 (same issue with SP1)

Thanks
jorgen

Try the OMEGA drivers. My system has been more stable since I moved to them
some months ago.

Old December 2nd 04, 08:01 PM
boldy

Hi jorgen,
My bord is the P4c800E.In the manual there is a note:"If installing the Ati
9500 or 9700 Pro series VGA card, use only the card versions PN xxx-xxxxx-30
or later,for optimum performance and overclocking stability"
Apparently there are some issues with asus and Ati cards.
Good luck Boldy