Dell Tech Support

Old February 5th 08, 10:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
cranheim

Default Dell Tech Support

I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
true. Charles Ranheim

Old February 5th 08, 11:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Kevin

"cranheim" wrote in message
news
I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
true. Charles Ranheim

While some support services are still based in the U.S. and Canada, the
majority of those services will undoubtedly continue to be outsourced. It
just makes financial sense. Dell, and other PC makers, are saving tens of
millions of dollars per year by outsourcing technical support. I don't see
that changing.

Old February 6th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"cranheim" wrote in message
news
I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
true. Charles Ranheim

While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be a
good indicator:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-22710532.htm

Old February 6th 08, 02:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
cranheim

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..

"cranheim" wrote in message
news
I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great
if true. Charles Ranheim

While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be
a good indicator:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-22710532.htm

S.Lewis
I certainly have to agree it does not look good for Dell support coming back
to the U.S. If it did, I'm sure it would increase sales, but probably not
enough to make a good profit with the higher cost of labor in this country.
Charles Ranheim

Old February 7th 08, 02:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

wrote in message
I call the other day and i got north america tech support, they inform me
that they will do north america tech support for xps systems

snip

My only recent experience with XPS support was via chat, and it was
definitely not domestic fwiw.......

Dell Tech Support rila Dell Computers 48 April 1st 05 09:01 AM
DELL TECH SUPPORT Harry Gordon Dell Computers 7 February 15th 05 08:06 PM
Am I still entitled to Dell Tech Support? Leesa Taylor Dell Computers 12 October 5th 04 11:53 AM
Dell tech support Paul Ostrof Dell Computers 4 December 23rd 03 11:14 AM
Dell de-outsources tech support Yousuf Khan Intel 70 December 7th 03 03:58 PM