ATI ripping us off

Old November 28th 03, 05:10 PM
dizzy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:32:34 GMT, "JAD" wrote:

You NEED to have a credit card to exist securely (safely) in modern
society.

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard a more brain washed statement in my life...

Maybe that's not an accurate statement, but only a weak-minded fool
would go through life without this enormous convenience because they
want to "pay as they go". There's nothing preventing you from paying
them off every month...

Old November 28th 03, 05:28 PM
JAD

weak-minded fool

You guys are really scary, man.... absolute idiots.....

Old November 28th 03, 05:33 PM
John Mitchell

That was not the point. The point is that now they (ATI) want to charge us
(the early buyers) for shipping and taxes - that should have been included
with the card purchase.

"I guess the buyers of the card after Half-Life is released will get a
better
deal as they won't have to pay extra shipping or taxes."
--
John Mitchell

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
It wasn't included in the box because the game wasn't out when the box
was packed. You can't put something that doesn't yet exist into a

product.

John Mitchell wrote:

I just bought a new 9600XT to replace a 9600 (no great change) but there

was
to be a "free" copy of Half-Life 2 included. Instead they included a

coupon.
OK so far. I went to the site on the coupon to register and it would

accept
my info but wouldn't print it out or save it - a waste of time. It did

tell
me to keep the coupon under lock and key as I would need it to to open

up
the game.
I called the 1-866 number on the coupon and the voice gave ma a

different
address (than was on the web page) and told me to send the coupon in.
It also advised me that I would have to give them my credit card number

so
ATI could charge me shipping and taxes. None of which would have been
necessary if it was included with the card.
I guess the buyers of the card after Half-Life is released will get a

better
deal as they won't have to pay extra shipping or taxes.

I just feel ripped.

Old November 28th 03, 05:41 PM
Kent_Diego

"John Mitchell" wrote in message
That was not the point. The point is that now they (ATI) want to charge us
(the early buyers) for shipping and taxes - that should have been included
with the card purchase.

"I guess the buyers of the card after Half-Life is released will get a
better
deal as they won't have to pay extra shipping or taxes."
--

You can download for free or pay S&H.

Old November 28th 03, 05:55 PM
John Mitchell

I couldn't get a "print Screen" - I tried that.
You need High speed access to download the game - Is 38k dialup high speed?
I can understand them not supplying it as it was out of thir controll but it
is wrong to advertise it as "free" than charge $10.00 for shipping and taxes
when the original advertisements were that it was to be included.
I will just grab it from a warez site.

--
John Mitchell

"TMack" wrote in message

"John Mitchell" wrote in message
I just bought a new 9600XT to replace a 9600 (no great change) but there

was
to be a "free" copy of Half-Life 2 included. Instead they included a

coupon.
OK so far. I went to the site on the coupon to register and it would

accept
my info but wouldn't print it out or save it

SNIP

You could have used the 'Print Screen' to take a screendump - saves an

image
of the screen to windows clipboard. The results can then be pasted into a
Word document or into the Windows 'Paint' program or any other application
that can display image files - save the results as a file and you now have

record of the transaction.

Tony

Old November 28th 03, 06:02 PM
JAD

advertise it as "free" than charge $10.00 for shipping and taxes

The most common tactic used in 'free' advertising

Old November 28th 03, 06:28 PM
Joe M.

Top posting jackass: I did leave your quote and comment.

Let's try again:

YOU SAID:

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard a more brain washed
statement in my life...

I SAID:

So how to you do the things mentioned without a credit card?

A credit card is mandatory equipment if you do any kind of traveling and
simply convenient for shopping both online and off. There's nothing "brain
washed" about accepting reality and/or benefiting from the convenience of
credit cards.

I SAID THIS TIME:

Nice job of avoiding my question (not surprised since there's no reasonable
rebuttal).

--
Joe M.

Old November 28th 03, 06:49 PM
JAD

your a sad misguided human being....I have traveled the world with and without credit...your a pawn hey dick wad ever hear of a
DEBIT card asswipe....

Old November 28th 03, 07:00 PM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:46:12 GMT
"JAD" wrote:

play dumb good one....

snore i should remember that at times i am
conversing with kids, that are learning about condoms, and not
A.P.R.....

I guess I should remember that at times I am conversing with kids who
have not yet achieved sufficient income as to be able to pay their bills
at the end of the month.

Or, in other words, A.P.R. with credit cards is only an issue if you're
an undisciplined twit who can't control the urge to spend beyond his
means.

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
d...
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:32:27 GMT
"JAD" wrote:

what? your new word for the moment...... wait is this jeffc?
and his one word dictionary....how deep in the hole are you credit
wise? that is to say if your agreeing with these ridiculous
statements being made about credit cards...so what your a priest?
never utter any names.....shall we quote some of your prior posts?
whats that about
throwing stones in glass houses?

Lemme guess, you're not a human, you're one of those programs that
throws random phrases together in such a manner that they almost
make sense.

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
d...
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:56:26 GMT
"JAD" wrote:

dude who called who what and when you people are amazing
as you invent situations to fit your comments.....

Even more pathetic is a pedant who can't even figure out that he
has used offensive language.

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
d...
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:49:50 GMT
"JAD" wrote:

your a sad misguided human being....I have traveled the
world with and without credit...your a pawn hey dick wad
ever
hear of a DEBIT card
asswipe....

Nothing more pathetic than a pedant calling someone names.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old November 28th 03, 07:43 PM
Tom Sadler

"These are the same retards who determined that people with bad credit
should pay HIGHER insurance because they may get into an accident..."
Actually the insurance companies raise the rates because people with bad
credit are more likely to file false claims.
But I agree with you, it's rediculous thinking. And just another way to
"rip" all of us off.

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:19:13 GMT, Barry Watzman
wrote:

You NEED to have a credit card to exist securely (safely) in modern
society. It has nothing to do with "paying as you go", and you don't

And if you can't get a credit card, your ****ed.... gee, what a load
of crap.

have to actually use it very often. But renting a car, and often
getting a hotel room, is difficult to impossible without a credit card
(and there's a good reason for it, expecially with car rentals). Try to
pay for an airline ticket with cash and you will possibly arrested, you
will "flag" the airline computers. What do you do if you are out of
town in your car and it suffers a SERIOUS breakdown ? And, obviously,
for mail order and internet purchases, it saves a huge amount of time
and trouble.

Well, thats because Corp. America is full of **** with mornic suits
screwing up the country.

These are the same retards who determined that people with bad credit
should pay HIGHER insurance because they may get into an accident...
we're talking about double the amount.

Hmmm.. but it was reported that Lawyers and doctors seems to be high
on the list with their SUVs and sports cars... go figure.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!