2800 Barton Speeds?

Old June 25th 03, 11:54 PM
Burgerman

Default 2800 Barton Speeds?

As it happens I have, but, I am talking about average sort of
expectations...

Oh bugger, I will post MY OWN results ASAP...

I do not expect it to overclock well...

But who knows.

--
My robot/powerchair? www.fatnfast.com/robot
My batteries www.optimabattery.co.uk

"Ed" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:15:42 +0100, "Burgerman"
wrote:

What speeds are possible for a 2800 barton?
I have one coming by mistake tommorow!

Please post details!
Its going in he

My water cooled PC... www.jedibible.com

Have you looked here,
http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/AMD/Barton/

Cheers,
Ed
Barton 2800+(AQUCA 0307), Aeroflow, 200x11.5 @ 1.725v.

Old June 28th 03, 01:58 PM
Burgerman

"S.Heenan" wrote in message
a...
Burgerman wrote:
What speeds are possible for a 2800 barton?
I have one coming by mistake tommorow!

Please post details!
Its going in he

My water cooled PC... www.jedibible.com

If the following page is any indication, 2400-2500MHz should be possible.
.
http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/Showamd.cfm

OK now fitted.

Ran stock timing and voltages, no prob. Of course.
After ten reboots and a bit of trial and error, now running 2.100v (3.05
mem) 184 x 13.5 so 2484, or 2500mhz as it rounds it up to in widoze xp,
and this was easy so far, no blue screens so it will go a bit further yet.

Ran prime95 all night torture test, no problem, and defragged all 8 hard
disks at the same time just to give it some different work to do...

This is at 47 degrees under load, water cooled, but it would most likely get
a bit hotter on air.

Old June 29th 03, 07:33 PM
Burgerman

Yes 2.1v Why? its no prob.

My 2400 chip ran for 9 months 24/7 at 2.175v as my webserver/workstation etc
before I retired it!
Its watercooled, by huge oxygen bottle in back garden. You just cant
overheat your garden....

--
My robot/powerchair? www.fatnfast.com/robot
My batteries www.optimabattery.co.uk
My stuff... www.burgerman.info
DIY automotive Nitrous Injection... www.nitrous.info
My water cooled PC... www.jedibible.com

"Ed" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:58:35 +0100, "Burgerman"
wrote:

"S.Heenan" wrote in message
. ca...
Burgerman wrote:
[...]

Is that 2.10v for vcore? Yikes!

Old July 12th 03, 03:53 AM
Gaidheal

"Good news is that at 2.175v and a bigger
multiplier it now goes at 2500ghz"

^ No, it doesn't :¬) LOL 2.5Ghz is nice though... impressively high Vcore -
still no probs with it?

Old July 12th 03, 03:00 PM
Burgerman

"Gaidheal" wrote in message
"Good news is that at 2.175v and a bigger
multiplier it now goes at 2500ghz"

^ No, it doesn't :¬) LOL 2.5Ghz is nice though... impressively high

Vcore -
still no probs with it?

No, been running like this for a couple of weeks (?) ish 24/7. Runs as my
workstation (Webdesign, ripping movies, web server, FTP server etc) without
a single blue screen/etc.

Also ran prime 95 for 2 days without error.

If I turn up the multiplyer any more it runs but not for long before
problems in XP...

If I turn the bus speed up more (only another 2 or 3, it runs everything
fine with the exception of Prime95), so its staying lower at 2500 dead for
now...