a problem with ABIT SE6

Old October 31st 05, 08:56 PM
morpheus276

Default a problem with ABIT SE6

Hi guys,
i have a GREAT problem.
I own a ABIT SE6 motherboard with Celeron 600MHz processor.
Two weeks ago, it started to give me this problem:
when i start the operating system, either Windows or Linux,
it reebots...
I removed all the PCI card, I changed the hd and the memory
slots but it keeps giving me that problem.
I tried also to remove all the peripheral component and i
booted a Linux live Cd. When booting the kernel the system
reboots.
I don't know what to do...
i think that the motherboard is the responsible of the
problem...
Can you help me?
Thanks

Old October 31st 05, 09:35 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:56:00 -0800, morpheus276 wrote:

Hi guys,
i have a GREAT problem.
I own a ABIT SE6 motherboard with Celeron 600MHz processor. Two weeks ago,
it started to give me this problem: when i start the operating system,
either Windows or Linux, it reebots...
I removed all the PCI card, I changed the hd and the memory slots but it
keeps giving me that problem. I tried also to remove all the peripheral
component and i booted a Linux live Cd. When booting the kernel the system
reboots.
I don't know what to do...
i think that the motherboard is the responsible of the problem...
Can you help me?
Thanks

My first thought would be PSU or ram going bad. The CDrom uses a lot of
power, so that would lead me to look at the PSU first. Sounds like an old
machine. Check the PSU fans for running and dust.

Old October 31st 05, 09:36 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:35:33 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

My first thought would be PSU or ram going bad. The CDrom uses a lot of
power, so that would lead me to look at the PSU first. Sounds like an old
machine. Check the PSU fans for running and dust.

Old machine. Check caps on MB.