memory bus speed

Old August 17th 04, 02:20 PM
pirate

Default memory bus speed

hi im going to buy a high quality computer motherboard and was going to get
a dual amd 64 bit. the memory is 400mhz and theres 8 slots.
now how dos the memory work with the bus speed ?
if its 400mhz for the ram dos it use 400mhz for each ram stick and equal
3200mhz bus speed in total or am i wrong
p.s i have a LD thats why my writing is not perfect.

Old August 17th 04, 08:08 PM
YanquiDawg

It's 400.

Old August 18th 04, 12:30 AM
Chris Stolworthy

"pirate" wrote in message
. ..
hi im going to buy a high quality computer motherboard and was going to

get
a dual amd 64 bit. the memory is 400mhz and theres 8 slots.
now how dos the memory work with the bus speed ?
if its 400mhz for the ram dos it use 400mhz for each ram stick and equal
3200mhz bus speed in total or am i wrong
p.s i have a LD thats why my writing is not perfect.

If I am thinking correctly, ram for adual processor board is the same for a
single processor board. The 400Mhz ram you are getting is actually spec'd
to work at 800Mhz, DDR= Dual Data Rate. So 400 X 2 =800Mhz. The way it
works (I believe) is that 4 slots are for one processor and 4 slots are for
the other. I amnot 100% on this as I really haven't worked too much with
dual processor systems.

-Chris

memory speed ? chris General 12 July 10th 04 02:09 PM
Disk to disk copying with overclocked memory JT General 30 March 21st 04 02:22 AM
CAS Timings De-Mystified, and other JEDEC Zins of DDR cRAMming...(Server Problems) Aaron Dinkin General 0 December 30th 03 02:29 AM
FSB speed / Memory speed - General 12 November 12th 03 09:13 AM
Chaintech 7NIF2 motherboard - memory problems Wuahn General 1 July 26th 03 01:29 PM