HP TrayApp message

Old July 16th 07, 01:01 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
cobrachuck

Default HP TrayApp message

I have an HP All-In-One 2410 and after I had a problem with the scanner
part I plugged the USB cable into our laptop and from the wireless
router and after that, it kept loading the printer in on start up. I
went in to ADD/REMOVE programs and deleted the HP 3.5 version of the
printer software. Problem.
What I didn't realize is that it also deleted some of the 4.2 version.
After much trial and tribulation I went to the HP site and re-downloaded
the 4.2 version.
After downloading this version, and not plugging in the printer when
prompted, everything uploaded. When I plugged in the USB cable the
printer got recogonized and loaded without fault. The conflict comes
when you try to run the provided software and plug in the printer. It
appears that XP and the software try to load at the same time and cause
the "another installation is trying to load the ---------. Download the
latest from HP and the TrayApp message goes away. Also since I took the
printer off the wireless router the scanner now works.

Old September 12th 07, 03:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
demonamay

*Well the answer is for the TrayApp.msi is located on the CD disc.. Just
place in the disc and go inside the cd look for the folder call TrayApp.
Inside of that file there you will find what you are looking for.. You
might have to repeat it or not.. but it does stop the problem for a good
time.. You would do a unastall but it wise if you let it be. because all
it does is show you the level of your ink from your deskjet.. I have
this problem today [ 09-12-2007] all I did was place in the HP disc
deskjet D4200 series into the drive and WALA! there is where it was
looking for.. next time just place a copy into the document for the
furure .. If any question just ask. I might do some helping out for
some answers.. but alot of it comes from the item you buy that have the
CDs.

Hear ya soon!
Margaret D. Stephens

PS: If you do not have the file. I do have one avaible just email me.*
'DemonaMay_RealDemona' ) Or you can go to my web
site 'NightStoneUnlimited' (http://www.nightstoneunlimited.com)