Epson Fighting Back

Old April 5th 07, 05:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Epson Fighting Back

Epson Corp.'s is fighting to have 24 companies stopped from importing
Epson-compatible ink cartridges. The fight has moved a step closer to
conclusion. I just read this and feel they and others need to protect
their rights.

I do wish that a reputable company would develop a high quality
aftermarket ink and sell it under their own brand in all venues
appropriately packaged with their name prominently disclosed. I would
like to see it in high quality carts for less than have the price of
OEMs. Then we would have a real choice.
Old April 6th 07, 01:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
babaloo

There are a few quality alternatives to Epson inks for some of their
printers. However the design of Epson print heads makes them prone to
clogging, even with Epson inks, and Epson will not perform warranty repairs
if a printer clogs with non-Epson inks. If you use alternative inks then you
cannot rely on the otherwise very good profiles Epson provides for its
papers and its inks. Unless you have the capability to generate your own
printer/ink/paper profiles this is the main reason to use Epson inks if you
want consistent, reliable color managed printing. That being said I think
the retail price for a gallon Epson ink for one of the colors for the R1800
works out to $10,000/gallon!

Old April 6th 07, 01:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

babaloo wrote:
There are a few quality alternatives to Epson inks for some of their
printers. However the design of Epson print heads makes them prone to
clogging,

Yeah and in some cases they will totally ruin the printhead. Many
reports here
even with Epson inks, and Epson will not perform warranty repairs
if a printer clogs with non-Epson inks.

They should not have to.
If you use alternative inks then you
cannot rely on the otherwise very good profiles Epson provides for its
papers and its inks. Unless you have the capability to generate your own
printer/ink/paper profiles this is the main reason to use Epson inks if you
want consistent, reliable color managed printing. That being said I think
the retail price for a gallon Epson ink for one of the colors for the R1800
works out to $10,000/gallon!

The same goes for Canon as well. And yes the ink for these printers is
way out of line.

Going back to Epson ink? Alan Justice Printers 50 June 15th 05 09:28 PM
Epson CX5200 recto-back printing pb (network) [email protected] Printers 0 June 2nd 05 11:33 AM
Back to Epson bmoag Printers 0 September 14th 04 05:56 AM
Epson 4000 feed back me Printers 1 May 27th 04 07:26 AM
fighting a dying vid card Michael Hughes Overclocking 2 July 14th 03 10:03 PM