600W PSU sufficient ?

Old April 10th 14, 05:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Default 600W PSU sufficient ?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:45:43 -0700, "Adam" Gave us:

"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:11:20 -0700, "Adam" Gave us:

Is the following power supply ...

- OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply

sufficient for the components listed below?

My components are the following ...

1) Motherboard:
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX (pre-R2.0 w/ 1394-FireWire) AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA
6Gb/s
USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00539LU3E/...0_M3C_ST1_dp_2

2) CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

3) Display Adapter:
Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCIe,
mini-Display Port, HDMI, Dual DVI

4) RAM:
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 8 Dual Channel Kit 1866
(PC3
15000) BLT2CP4G3D1869DT1TX0

5) HDD:
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB Serial ATA Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB,
SATA 6Gb/s

6) Optical Drives:
2 x DVD/CD-RW Combo, Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
Drive (IHAS124-04)

7) USB:
keyboard, mouse, scanner

8) PCI:
Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 sound card

9) Fans:
CPU, chassis, power

Are you not capable of adding up your consumption rates, and deciding
for yourself?

Sorry, I don't know how, which is why I am asking.

There are declarations on the products you listed. If you already
have them installed, neither you nor we can sum up for you, since we do
not know what your stuff uses either.

My i7 hex core and X79 Dark Mobo and GTX650Ti all use more than yours.

I have a 750 Watt gold series supply. Your 600 Watt choice is very
likely plenty sufficient. Spending less could be risky and getting
bigger probably not needed (unless you plan to use it again on a future
build)(though it would likely use less then).
Old April 10th 14, 05:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Adam

"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:45:43 -0700, "Adam" Gave us:

"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno" wrote in message
. ..

Are you not capable of adding up your consumption rates, and deciding
for yourself?

Sorry, I don't know how, which is why I am asking.

There are declarations on the products you listed. If you already
have them installed, neither you nor we can sum up for you, since we do
not know what your stuff uses either.

My i7 hex core and X79 Dark Mobo and GTX650Ti all use more than yours.

I have a 750 Watt gold series supply. Your 600 Watt choice is very
likely plenty sufficient. Spending less could be risky and getting
bigger probably not needed (unless you plan to use it again on a future
build)(though it would likely use less then).

Thanks, I was nervous about using the 600W PSU but no longer. :-)

Winpower 600w PSU GT General 9 March 2nd 08 12:19 AM
11 SATA drives too many for 600W PSU? [email protected] General 15 December 4th 06 04:38 PM
Best 600W PSU Richard Dower Homebuilt PC's 44 December 18th 04 01:11 PM
Sufficient PSU? Robert Bindler General 3 August 14th 03 09:09 PM
power supply: is it sufficient? isr Homebuilt PC's 0 July 7th 03 11:10 AM