Good printer for 4x6 inches and inkjettable DVDs

Old June 17th 09, 08:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Good printer for 4x6 inches and inkjettable DVDs

Hi,

What would be a good printer for 4X6 inch photos and for printing on
inkjettable DVDs? I don't have much need for other sizes.

I might be doing a hundred DVDs and 25 prints a month.
I can refill or install a CIS if available.

Thanks.

Jim
Old June 17th 09, 10:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

On Jun 17, 12:39*pm, wrote:
Hi,

What would be a good printer for 4X6 inch photos and for printing on
inkjettable DVDs? I don't have much need for other sizes.

I might be doing a hundred DVDs and 25 prints a month.
I can refill or install a CIS if available.

There's canon, hp, and epson.

It looks like epson's new model is the Epson Artisan 50. You can
still get the r280 from buy.com for about $100, which would have
refill support. The 1400 is the 13 inch wide model with CD printing
support and can be had for $200ish from various sources such as
tigerdirect ($230 shipped).

If you're in the states, you're limited to older canon models, and you
have to buy the tray off ebay. But refilling is easy if you have a
chip resetter. The only models that qualify that I can find are
AIOs. The mp530 is one that still floats at $100 + a tray from e-
bay. The mx850 floats at $200 though the Canon e-store has it for
$130 plus shipping.

There is the HP photosmart D5460.
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...osmart_d 5460
I know nothing about refilling these, but the design would make it
physically as easy to refill than the Canon. I have no clue if it
will print on empty chips.

Known quantities for refill
Epson r280 1400
Canon Pixma mp530 mx850

¢¾¢¾¢¾DVDs and Software are 100% brand new, and factory sealed! good quality and cheap price! ¢À¢À¢À [email protected] Asus Motherboards 0 April 13th 08 05:40 PM
¢¾¢¾¢¾GOOD NEWS ! DVDS and Software FACTORY SALE! good quality and cheap price! AND FREE SHIPPING!¢À¢À¢À helen Cdr 0 March 19th 08 11:25 PM
GOOD NEWS ! DVDS FACTORY SALE! good quality and cheap price! ANDFREE SHIPPING! helen Cdr 0 November 29th 07 08:43 AM
printer 9x12.5 inches? lyle Printers 2 March 18th 07 05:58 PM
Good monitor for viewing DVDs ?? johns Homebuilt PC's 0 January 27th 06 09:03 PM