Apply these internet update

Old October 5th 03, 04:35 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Default Apply these internet update

a big fat goose egg, 0, zip, nada, zilch at the home machine under earthlink/cable USA

"John Leister" wrote in message ...
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Old October 5th 03, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Pug Fugley

That's the good thing about Earthlink, they don't let them through. Yout
can't expect much from Hotmail.

"John Leister" wrote in message
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Old October 5th 03, 09:23 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
FromTheRafters

"John Leister" wrote in message ...
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

Zero ~ and steady. ;o)

Old October 5th 03, 09:50 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Herb Winston

EL DOES let them through to me (DSL 1.5), even w/Spaminator I've already
rec'd countless numbers of them, althoug Norton/Mailwasher spots them all.

Best regards,

--
Herb Winston AMA 50438
Bonita Springs, FL

Remove NO SPAM to reply

"He may look like an idiot,
and he may sound like an idiot,
but don't let him fool you.
He really is an idiot."

Mark Twain
"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...
That's the good thing about Earthlink, they don't let them through. Yout
can't expect much from Hotmail.

"John Leister" wrote in message
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Old October 5th 03, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
rstlne

And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Most of us have 0
as we dont post our real email addy.. mr muggy

Old October 6th 03, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Leister

rstlne wrote:

And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Most of us have 0
as we dont post our real email addy.. mr muggy

I know but they are arriving at my REAL address not
the hotmail addy in my posts.

Hopefully this will end sometime soon

Old October 6th 03, 05:18 AM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Phil Weldon

Agree, with over 15,000 'swen-mails' served to date at my mailbox through
Earthlink/mindspring.com. Though I am told that Earthlink has just
instituted virus scanning of all out-going e-mail from their subscribers,
tagging any subscriber posting floods of infected e-mail as a spammer, and
blocking outgoing e-mail until the machine is cleansed. Their support
personnel already have a list of 2000 subscribers they are contacting to
offer help cleansing and protecting the infected machines.

--
Fade Away,

"Herb Winston" wrote in message
hlink.net...
EL DOES let them through to me (DSL 1.5), even w/Spaminator I've already
rec'd countless numbers of them, althoug Norton/Mailwasher spots them all.

Best regards,

--
Herb Winston AMA 50438
Bonita Springs, FL

Remove NO SPAM to reply

"He may look like an idiot,
and he may sound like an idiot,
but don't let him fool you.
He really is an idiot."

Mark Twain
"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...
That's the good thing about Earthlink, they don't let them through. Yout
can't expect much from Hotmail.

"John Leister" wrote in message
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the

last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Old October 6th 03, 05:55 AM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

mindspring that was a great ISP,,, earthlink has done ok since, I find really strange how one customer from another can very so
differently....I know charter cable is an ISP also but I had earthlink when I moved so I moved my account. maybe charter +
earthlink have scanned and therefore the job was done more thorough, don't know but i'm grateful

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message hlink.net...
[...]

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...
That's the good thing about Earthlink, they don't let them through. Yout
can't expect much from Hotmail.

"John Leister" wrote in message
And what's everyone's record count so far for this worm.

My mailbox has been flooded for the last 14 days and I've
had to purchase another mailbox for normal and work email
just so I can get messages.

On an average day I get about 200 of the mails all with 144 to 155k
attachments, which my AV program does filter out but that's not the
point. ISPs should be doing more at their end of the line since they
take the big bucks from the customers. I think in total over the

last
14 days the count's gone way into the thousands.

Old October 6th 03, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
steven67@

JAD wrote:

mindspring that was a great ISP,,, earthlink has done ok since, I find really strange how one customer from another can very so
differently....I know charter cable is an ISP also but I had earthlink when I moved so I moved my account. maybe charter +
earthlink have scanned and therefore the job was done more thorough, don't know but i'm grateful

..

It's not so strange. You've escaped the bombing, because you are posting with an invalid email address.

Old October 7th 03, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.bios,alt.comp.blind-users,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
U N Me

Pug Fugley wrote:

That's the good thing about Earthlink, they don't let them through. Yout
can't expect much from Hotmail.

I wanted to check and see if anyone in this newsgroup was still getting these
phony security messages. It appears so,

Regarding Earthlink, they are brain dead on this matter. I expected them to
take some action on this but if they have, they must still be in the
discussion and planning stages or else have bypassed my account.