Need Help With Logitech M305 wireless mouse

Old July 9th 11, 10:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Frederick

Default Need Help With Logitech M305 wireless mouse I'm Done

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 01:40:12 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Logitech M305 cordless mouse
$21
Shipping: $1.99

That's pretty cheap shipping, plus if you return it for exchange then
you probably don't have to pay the shipping to get it to you. What you
pay would be the shipping to send in the defective unit.

Don't know where you live but shipping might be a lot cheaper than the
cost of getting another same-model mouse. USPS Priority Mail Small Box
Flat Rate (if the mouse fits inside it) would be $5.20 (plus $0.70 if
you include Delivery Confirmation). No need to include insurance on
what is probably a broken item. USPS Parcel Post (in case you need a
bigger box) would be around $6.18 (w/Delivery Confirm). So returning
the item could cost you less than a third of buying another mouse.

Depending on where you bought the mouse, you may or may not have to pay
for the shipping cost to get the replacement item sent to you. For
example, if you bought from Newegg, you pay the shipping cost to send
the defective unit back to them but you do not pay the shipping cost to
get the replacement sent from them to you. In fact, I can't remember
ever having to pay for the shipping to get the warranty replacement sent
to me. So you're only cost is the shipping to get the defective unit
the seller (if within their return/exchange policy period) or to the
manufacturer.

You would have to be some rather remote location to have your shipping
cost as much as for this mouse.

Don't buy from dailysteals.com

Never heard of them. While I can search around for the cheapest online
price, that's not my only criteria regarding from WHERE to make the
purchase. I'd rather pay a little more for an etailer that has a good
reputation. While Newegg may not always be the one with the rock bottom
price for an item, their reputation and reliability is worth a slightly
higher cost for an item.

How much cheaper was the Logitech M305 mouse from dailysteals.com (for
BOTH the price *and* shipping) than the $22.99 cost (price + shipping)
from Newegg?

Unlike a normal etailer, the dailysteals.com site doesn't really list
what are their return/exchange policies. They just vaguely mentioning
sending them an e-mail or calling thei Sales folk. From their FAQ page,
it looks like they expect you to return the defective item to the
manufacturer under the terms of the warranty. In contrast, etailers
usually have a return/exchange policy with *them*: you get the
replacement from the etailer, not by waiting 6-10 weeks for the
manufacturer to send you a replacement.

I should have known better.

Sure doesn't look like a site that I'd trust with my money ... or with
my credit card, either.

I paid 4.99 plus 4.99 shipping.

Big Fred
Old July 9th 11, 04:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Frederick wrote:

[...]

Yep, it's a toss-away bad mouse.
Old July 10th 11, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Motor T

I should have known better.

Sure doesn't look like a site that I'd trust with my money ... or with
my credit card, either.

I paid 4.99 plus 4.99 shipping.

Big Fred

Yep, it's a toss-away bad mouse.

$5 for a Logitech? I suspect they just wanted your credit card number...

Ed Mc
Nam Vet '66-'67
Semper Fi
Old July 11th 11, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Frederick

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:22:41 -0400, Frederick
wrote:

Returning it would cost me almost what I paid for it. OTOH the trash
is free.

Don't buy from dailysteals.com

I should have known better.

Big Fred

Dailysteals has contacted me to say they are sending me a RMA packet
in which to return the louse, and will send me another or a refund.
Can't expect any more I guess.

Big Fred
Old July 25th 11, 10:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Frederick

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:14:09 -0400, Frederick
wrote:

Dailysteals has contacted me to say they are sending me a RMA packet
in which to return the louse, and will send me another or a refund.
Can't expect any more I guess.

Big Fred

Well - here it now has been two weeks, and I have not received any RMA
or any other communication from DAILYSTEALS. So - I would say my
warning holds - watch out.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Big Fred