What does this beep signify?

Old February 10th 04, 03:52 PM
steve podleski

Default What does this beep signify?

I have an Asus A7V133 board. Lately, once every 5 mins, it beeps
twice. I have a motherboard monitor which indicates that the mboard
temp is in the low 90s deg F. and the cpu is about 115 deg F. Does
anyone know if these temps are excessive and if not, what can cause
the beeps?
Old February 10th 04, 04:52 PM
AJ

I have an Asus A7V133 board. Lately, once every 5 mins, it beeps
twice. I have a motherboard monitor which indicates that the mboard
temp is in the low 90s deg F. and the cpu is about 115 deg F. Does
anyone know if these temps are excessive and if not, what can cause
the beeps?

Do you have all notifications turned off under sounds? The BIOS can't
beep while you're in the OS as far as I know. Sounds like a reminder
for email or aim. I've had that board running for years and never got
that. Make sure Probe isn't finding a fans RPM is a little under the
limit that was set. Lower the limit or uncheck the box that says to
monutor it. As long as you're sure something isn't really failing.
------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco
Old February 10th 04, 05:45 PM
rstlne

"steve podleski" wrote in message
I have an Asus A7V133 board. Lately, once every 5 mins, it beeps
twice. I have a motherboard monitor which indicates that the mboard
temp is in the low 90s deg F. and the cpu is about 115 deg F. Does
anyone know if these temps are excessive and if not, what can cause
the beeps?

Do you have AsusProbe running too?..
What about if MBM 5 is off (and asusprobe too).. does it still beep..

Old February 10th 04, 08:22 PM
steve podleski

I was not aware of a program called Probe. From another responder, I
gather that Proble is a option in the BIOS; I have not expressly
turned it on. I'll check my sounds and email options but I would have
thought that any email sounds would come from the speakers. What is
'aim'?

Thanks for responding.

Old February 10th 04, 08:25 PM
steve podleski

I will turn off MBM5.

I was unaware of AsusProbe. How is it turned on? Is it a program
that must loaded off the CD or is a BIOS option?