TX97-XE and ACPI for proper shut down

Old October 14th 03, 08:53 PM
ns

Default TX97-XE and ACPI for proper shut down

Actually I've tried several bioses.
I'm sticking with the latest beta 0112XEJ2
With the J2 patch I can run hard drives greater than 32gig

http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

I get the impression that the TX97-XE does not support ACPI
even though the manual says it does
and I won't enable APM since it reboots rather than shutdown.
It has been a reliable workhorse.
Thanx to those who responded

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:49:19 GMT, gdp wrote:

ns wrote:
I was amazed to find that the ASUS manual for the TX97-XE
says it supports ACPI
Among many things it also means that when you shut it down
it will turn itself off and not give the annoying message that
its ok to turn the computer off
I've tried both windows 2000 and windows XP but no luck.
I have changed the bios, enabled APM and
yes to Plug & Play OS. I've tried several clean installs.
I've got it to recognize APM (advanced power management)
but not ACPI (advance configuration and power interface)
Has anyone been successful in getting it to recognize ACPI
or did ASUS somehow get the manual wrong.

If you want to check if yours is set up properly. go to devices
in contol panel and click on the computer icon. If it says
"standard pc" instead of "acpi" then yours will not shut down
properly as well.

There was a BIOS that purported to give ACPI support for the XE, but it
was apparently only worked for some ACPI features. It was 1001 beta 3
(different naming convention for the BIOS) without SDMS and is mentioned
on this guy's page.

http://users.libero.it/fmulas/tx97.html

Since I've been looking, I've been unable to find it on the net.
Perhaps you could e-mail the web page author and ask if he has it/could
save it for you.