XPS 1210 Deals on Outlet

Old July 17th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default XPS 1210 Deals on Outlet

I've noticed that the XPS M1210 outlet prices have come down quite a
bit. If anyone is considering one, or debating between that and the
new 13" laptop, you might want to check the outlet out first.

FYI
Old July 17th 07, 06:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

I thought briefly about it, but the M1330 is a huge improvement. I'm
ordering one after our vacation.

Old July 17th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:32:43 -0400, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

I thought briefly about it, but the M1330 is a huge improvement. I'm
ordering one after our vacation.

Cool -- it definitelly looks like a great laptop. I will look forward
to hearing how you like it.
Old July 17th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:15:00 -0500, Journey wrote:

I've noticed that the XPS M1210 outlet prices have come down quite a
bit. If anyone is considering one, or debating between that and the
new 13" laptop, you might want to check the outlet out first.

FYI

The interesting thing is that the Inspiron 710m and 700m's still
demand a premium on the outlet. I really wish that I had kept my
700m.
Old July 17th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

"Tom Scales" wrote:

but the M1330 is a huge improvement

In what ways do you feel it is an improvement?

Just curious here
Old July 18th 07, 12:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Greg[_6_]

I don't think I would like the slot load drive. Incase you want to upgrade
the drive later, you are out of luck unless you can find a slot load. The
trays are easier to come by and more interchangeable.

I enjoy my 1210. It easily fits into my backpack. And feels very solid. I've
had several dell laptops (8600, I6000, E1705 and this one) It feels just as
sturdy as the others. Much more so than the brontosaurus E1705.

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

Old July 18th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:22:59 -0500, "Greg"
wrote:

I don't think I would like the slot load drive. Incase you want to upgrade
the drive later, you are out of luck unless you can find a slot load. The
trays are easier to come by and more interchangeable.

I enjoy my 1210. It easily fits into my backpack. And feels very solid. I've
had several dell laptops (8600, I6000, E1705 and this one) It feels just as
sturdy as the others. Much more so than the brontosaurus E1705.

For just over $1,300, there is a 1210 scratch-and-dent on the outlet
with:

- Vista Ultimate
- Integrated webcam
- Bluetooth
- 2GB RAM
- 100GB 7200 rpm drive.
- 8x DVD RW
- Nvidia 256M Video
- Core 2 Duo (1.8-something, 2M cache)
- Two 9-cell batteries
- TV Tuner

I would love to have a small laptop, but my 14.1" 640m hits the sweet
spot for me and I am determined to keep it until it drops.

For someone who has been considering the 1210 but held off due to
price, this is a great deal.

Now that I'm not a student anymore (at least not a serious student), I
don't have to carry large textbooks with me so the 640m is an OK
weight and I wouldn't really benefit that much from a lighter
notebook.

(interesting that in our society at times we buy things that are
lighter yet go to a health club for strength training)
Old July 18th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

I'm not dissing the M1210, it just isn't for me. I've never felt the
need to upgrade the CD/DVD in a laptop, so that's not a real issue for
me.

Old July 18th 07, 02:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Greg[_7_]

Hopefully Blue Ray will drop in price enough were you might see them on the
market as a replacement for existing DVD burners. At least Dell stopped with
those dorky bezels that matched the silver color they had on their older
models (8600 for example). Now they look like the stock ones you can buy on
the web.

HP 1210 All in One Big John Printers 0 March 21st 07 12:28 AM
Outlet moncho Dell Computers 1 October 21st 05 03:06 PM
XPS Gen 5 From Outlet Bal Dell Computers 4 August 7th 05 12:52 AM
HP PSC 1210 Adrian Printers 0 February 18th 04 09:37 AM
HP psc 1210 The Zieber's Printers 1 November 12th 03 05:43 AM