Brother HL 2270DW Problem

Old October 10th 16, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected][_2_]

Default Brother HL 2270DW Problem

I have had this Brother HL 2270DW printer for years now.
It can be connected via USB or CAT5 (wired or wireless).
I really thought I had it connected via CAT5 (to my router).
Anyway, it has been printing just fine from my W7 PC.

I have just created W10 on a second PC, and tried to install the
printer on that PC, and discovered how the printer had been connected.
So, the installation via CAT5 would not (could not) work.
I connected the printer via USB to the W10 PC and it installed and
printed just fine.

My problem is - if I want to switch between PCs. and print therefrom,
I have to manually plug/unplug the USB cable, mainly because the
printer only has one USB port.

I have tried uninstalling the printer on both PCs, disconnected the
USB, and connected the printer to my router via CAT5. The installer
will not recognize the printer presence on either PC). I checked and
the little printer LED for CAT5 connection is not lit up. Nor is the
LED on the router). Ohoh. (The LED for the USB port does light up
when the USB cable is connected.) Does this mean my printer CAT5 port
is bad? I think maybe.

Can anyone suggest anything I might try?

Thanks

Me
Old October 10th 16, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

On 10/10/2016 9:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Could be a bad port on the printer. Or it could be a bad port on the
router. Or it might be as simple as a bad cable. You could try connecting
one of the computers directly to the printer using a different cable to see
if anything changes. My newer Brother laser doesn't have a CAT5 LED on it
so I don't know how it is supposed to react -- is it supposed to come on
when the printer wakes up or is it supposed to be on all the time when
there is a connection established. I had no problem installing mine to use
USB and CAT5 simultaneously and the CAT5 installs were pretty much
transparent although the lone Linux system confused me a bit.

BTW: have you checked the Brother site to see if they have updated the
install/driver package?
Old October 13th 16, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

On 10/10/2016 9:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Have you followed the confusing directions at

http://download.brother.com/welcome/..._eng_net_b.pdf

?

I didn't have to go through _nearly_ that much to get my newer printer
going. Oh, and Brother has information about getting the printer working
with W10 at their website. Have you looked at that?

Brother DCP-1000 Problem [email protected] Printers 1 July 27th 09 11:49 AM
Problem with my Brother Printer [email protected] Printers 2 November 24th 08 09:10 PM
Problem with Brother MFC rich Printers 1 January 12th 07 09:09 AM
Problem with Brother 640CW JM Printers 0 December 7th 06 12:02 AM
Brother MFC problem Ben Printers 1 September 13th 03 01:03 PM