Acer Aspire 9410

Old August 28th 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Lee K

Default Acer Aspire 9410

Just bought this this afternoon. Went to Comp-USA to buy a Toshiba but this
one caught my eye. It's still in the box while I look into whether or not
it's a good idea to keep it. What do you folks think of these machines?

Below are the specs on this one. It can be seen at
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=346187

Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Pentium Dual-Core
Processor Number: T2080
Processor Speed: 1.73 GHz
Front Side Bus: 533 MHz
Mobile Technology: Other
L2 Cache Size: 1 MB
System Chipset: Intel 943GML Express
Memory Speed: PC2-4200 (533MHz)
Memory Type: DDR2-SDRAM
Installed Memory: 1 GB
Maximum Memory: 2 GB
Memory Slots Total: 2
Total Hard Drive Capacity: 160 GB
Drive Controllers: SATA-150
Optical Drives: Double Layer DVD SuperMulti Drive:
a.. Create a DVD+R DL at a maximum 4X Write speed
b.. Create a DVD-R DL at a maximum 4X Write speed
c.. Create a DVD+R at a maximum 8X Write speed or a maximum 8X
Rewrite speed
d.. Create a DVD-R at a maximum 8X Write speed or a maximum 6X
Rewrite speed
e.. Create a DVD-RAM at a maximum 5X Write speed
f.. Play a DVD-Rom at a maximum 8X Read speed
g.. Create a CD-Rom at a maximum 24X Write speed
h.. Create a CD-RW at a maximum 16X Rewrite speed
i.. Play a CD-Rom at a maximum 24X Read speed

Additional Drives: DL DVD SuperMulti
Sound Support: High Definition (HD) Audio
Video Chipset Brand: Intel
Video Chipset: Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
Shared Video RAM (Max): 224 MB
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Screen Size: 17.0 in
Screen Type: Active Matrix LCD (TFT)
Physical Aspect Ratio: 16:10 (Widescreen)
Port Connectors: a.. 1 x Video - VGA 15-pin D-Sub
b.. 1 x Video - S-Video (TV-out NTSC/PAL)
c.. 4 x USB 2.0
d.. 1 x RJ-11 Modem
e.. 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet LAN
f.. 1 x Audio - Headphones/speaker/line-out with S/PDIF support
g.. 1 x Audio - Microphone-in
h.. 1 x Audio - Line-in
i.. 1 x DC-in for AC adapter

Card Slots: 1 x Memory Stick
1 x Memory Stick PRO
1 x Secure Digital(SD)/MMC
1 x xD-Picture Card
1 x Type II / Type 1 PC Card
Network Support: Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps)
Wireless Protocol: 802.11b
802.11g
Modem Speed: 56 Kbps
Input Devices: Keyboard
Touchpad
Battery Life (average): 2.5 Hours
Number of Batteries: 1
Installed Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Included Softwa a.. Acer Empowering Technology (Acer eNet, ePower,
ePresentation, eDataSecurity, eLock, eRecovery, eSettings Management)
b.. Acer GridVistaT
c.. Acer ArcadeT
d.. Acer Arcade DeluxeT featuring DV Wizard, VideoMagician, and
DVDivine
e.. Acer Launch Manager
f.. Acer OrbiCamT
g.. Norton Internet SecurityT (OEM, not full-featured, trial
version)
h.. Adobe® Reader®
i.. CyberLink® PowerProducer® (OEM, not full-featured, version)
j.. NTI CD-Maker (OEM, not full-featured, version)

In the Box: a.. 44W 4000mAh (6-cell) Lithium-ion battery pack
b.. 90W AC adapter

Regulatory Compliances: a.. ACPI 3.0

Height: 1.6 in
Width: 15.8 in
Depth: 11.6 in
Weight: 8.1 lbs
Limited Warranty: 1 Year (12 Months)
Warranty Information: a.. International Traveler's Warranty

Old August 28th 07, 04:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

I had an Acer notebook. Screen went south 2 days after the one-year warranty
expired. To Acer's credit they did replace the LCD display under warranty.
Gave the notebook to my grand nephew heading off to college at VMI. Looked
around and bought a Toshiba Satellite. Not a hiccup in the 14 months I've
had it.

HH

Old August 28th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Chris Syn

I had a hinge break on my acer ,6 months out of warranty acer replaced the
lid/hinges for free, was very impressed, I do have a toshiba also, no issues
with it .

news:XOednVUEifTqo0nbnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...

Old January 21st 09, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
acer computer

hi, i am trying to replace the dvd drive in my laptop. any hints on
removal before i need to replace more than the dvd.