Want to disassemble Toshiba Satellite L305 5919

Old September 30th 16, 02:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Want to disassemble Toshiba Satellite L305 5919

Piper wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv2GP6Yau1E (with audio and verbal
instructions)

I missed that.

I later also found:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Toshiba...lacement/14188
Old September 30th 16, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Piper wrote:

I may not be able to reasonably buy a
replacement mobo for this Satellite L305-S919 anyway. For some
reason, this AM i can't find any of what yesterday looked to be
compatible mobos on Ebay for about $40. I was willing to spend that
just to see what kind of trouble i cud get into,

I just did an eBay search on "toshiba satellite l305 motherboard" and
found http://preview.tinyurl.com/znne88t.
Old September 30th 16, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Piper wrote:

Paul wrote:

Examine the motherboard, near the two-pin interface, and see if there
is a legend in white letters. What do the letters hint at, in terms
of function ?

I will, after I get the mobo out.

Well, the other guy must've gotten at those pins without disassembling
that case. Can't he point out to you (either in-person or mark the pins
in a pic you show him via e-mail or maybe using the following link) as
to which pins he shorted?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/hj6477v

That eBay seller has some good pics of the mobo, and you can zoom in to
get a closer look. I didn't bother to check out how the submodel
"5919" might affect design or construction of the mobo to know if the
ones offered at eBay (see my other reply) are the same or very similar
mobos or significantly different.
Old September 30th 16, 09:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:49:45 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Piper wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv2GP6Yau1E (with audio and verbal
instructions)

I missed that.

I later also found:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Toshiba...lacement/14188

Looks like a goodee. Thanks

Peter
Old September 30th 16, 10:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:59:01 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Piper wrote:

Paul wrote:

Examine the motherboard, near the two-pin interface, and see if there
is a legend in white letters. What do the letters hint at, in terms
of function ?

I will, after I get the mobo out.

Well, the other guy must've gotten at those pins without disassembling
that case. Can't he point out to you (either in-person or mark the pins
in a pic you show him via e-mail or maybe using the following link) as
to which pins he shorted?

I took the thing to his house, and he showed me. He crossed two
solder points at the edge of the exposed part of the mobo bottom
behind the removed RAM. Damn!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/hj6477v

That eBay seller has some good pics of the mobo, and you can zoom in to
get a closer look. I didn't bother to check out how the submodel
"5919" might affect design or construction of the mobo to know if the
ones offered at eBay (see my other reply) are the same or very similar
mobos or significantly different.

Thanks

Toshiba Satellite [email protected] General 16 December 14th 13 06:13 PM
New Toshiba Satellite Laptop [email protected] General 11 August 19th 12 11:10 PM
Toshiba Satellite A60 Sydney General 8 May 14th 10 05:00 PM
Toshiba Satellite A210-11B Paweł Szaga General 1 October 24th 07 04:54 PM
resetting Toshiba Satellite BIOS password - need toshiba manuals blq knight General 2 December 1st 04 07:35 PM