Start up the computer failure, help!

Old May 5th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
cellist

Default Start up the computer failure, help!

Problem:
Motherboard - K7T-266 Pro2-A
when, I used the old card GF2 MX-400 - failed the start up, beeebeeebeee
sound given out
when, I used the new card GF6600 DDR3 - succeeded once start up, but it
failed from the second time.

Proved - both display cards and RAM are healthy condition proved by another
using computer.

so, what is the problem?

Old May 5th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"cellist" wrote in message
Problem:
Motherboard - K7T-266 Pro2-A
when, I used the old card GF2 MX-400 - failed the start up, beeebeeebeee
sound given out
when, I used the new card GF6600 DDR3 - succeeded once start up, but it
failed from the second time.

Proved - both display cards and RAM are healthy condition proved by
another
using computer.

so, what is the problem?

Something wrong with your power supply maybe ? Or BIOS settings (try
resetting them to default settings) ?

Old May 5th 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 5 May 2007 23:22:55 +0800, "cellist"
wrote:

Problem:
Motherboard - K7T-266 Pro2-A
when, I used the old card GF2 MX-400 - failed the start up, beeebeeebeee
sound given out
when, I used the new card GF6600 DDR3 - succeeded once start up, but it
failed from the second time.

Proved - both display cards and RAM are healthy condition proved by another
using computer.

so, what is the problem?

Possible BIOS battery or corrupted BIOS.
With computer shut down, remove the BIOS battery and check the
voltage. While the battery is removed reset the BIOS to default as
shown in the motherboard manual although with the battery out long
enough to measure the voltage it *may* reset on its own.
If the battery voltage is low get a new battery. Replace the battery
after resetting the BIOS. Try to boot. If it does, reboot and set
the BIOS settings to the ones you normally use.

Another possibility is low power supply voltage, or insufficient
capacity.

BTW I've found that with some mother boards it may be necessary to
remove the video card from the socket and then reseat it before it
will work after some failures.

Good Luck.

Old May 6th 07, 12:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

cellist wrote:
Problem:
Motherboard - K7T-266 Pro2-A
when, I used the old card GF2 MX-400 - failed the start up, beeebeeebeee
sound given out
when, I used the new card GF6600 DDR3 - succeeded once start up, but it
failed from the second time.

Proved - both display cards and RAM are healthy condition proved by another
using computer.

so, what is the problem?

Probably component failure. Either your motherboard or power supply has
gone bad. Check the capacitors on your mobo for bulging and leakage
(brown gunk). They should be flat on the top and not bulging out. Bad
caps are a well known problem with a certain era of motherboards.
You'll need an RMA or replacement ASAP (should get steadily worse if
they are failing).

Otherwise check your PSU - maybe it has burnt out or can't supply the
voltage anymore. The only real way of checking this is to replace it
with another one or strip the system down to just a mobo, 1 stick of
ram, no drives, no lights, only the cpu fan, only the power switch wire,
and a low wattage video card (the MX will do).