Gateway Fx6802

Old February 17th 10, 04:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
hecrowell

Default Gateway Fx6802

Has anyone noticed erratic com port operation on the FX6802? I have a
software program that allows connection of a Morse Code paddle which is
nothing more than a SPDT switch connected to the Com Port. This triggers
the software to produce either dots or dashes tones via the computer
sound card.

The software and com port setup worked flawlessly on an XP machine, but
is erratic on this new machine with Windows 7 64 bit. I somehow have the
feeling that it is an issue with the com port - maybe a driver
incompatability problem. The PC came with all drivers installed.

--
hecrowell
Old February 17th 10, 11:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
SC Tom

"hecrowell" wrote in message

Has anyone noticed erratic com port operation on the FX6802? I have a
software program that allows connection of a Morse Code paddle which is
nothing more than a SPDT switch connected to the Com Port. This triggers
the software to produce either dots or dashes tones via the computer
sound card.

The software and com port setup worked flawlessly on an XP machine, but
is erratic on this new machine with Windows 7 64 bit. I somehow have the
feeling that it is an issue with the com port - maybe a driver
incompatability problem. The PC came with all drivers installed.

--
hecrowell

Is the software program compatible with Win7 64? Is there a patch or
update/grade for it?
--
SC Tom

Old February 17th 10, 04:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
hecrowell[_2_]

SC Tom;894409 Wrote:
"hecrowell" wrote in message
...-

[...]

Hi Tom and thanks for tour reply

The software in question is 3rd party software and is called EhoCW.
This package has a dual function:
1] it is an auto CW keyer which is configured to work from either a com
port OR game port. In either case, a CW "straight" key or CW paddles is
wired to the game or com port. when operated, morse code tone is
generated and passed via the sound card to speakers or headset. Com
port output can also be connected to a Transmitter for keying an HF
transmitter.
2] The software will also convert the sound from a cw received signal
via the sound card into real time text as the Morse Code is received.

The author of the software is reasonably certain thathis software will
work in the WINDOWS 7 environment.

His Site is at:
http://www.f8eho.net/ if you would care to take a
look.

Thanks again

Harold

--
hecrowell
Old February 17th 10, 09:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
SC Tom

"hecrowell" wrote in message

SC Tom;894409 Wrote:
"hecrowell" wrote in message
...-

[...]

Did you get v.91c? Even then, the site states it SHOULD work with 7, which
means it may or may not, and if it's not stable with 32-bit, it will
probably be worse with 64-bit. Does it work right when configured to work
with your keyboard (seems to be one of the input options)?
Have you downloaded any driver updates from Gateway
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...n&param=FX6802 ?
Have you tried configuring the COM port to a different baud rate, interrupt,
etc.? Other than that, I got nothing. Sorry.
--
SC Tom

Gateway processor in non-Gateway motherboard Mac Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 11th 06 08:47 PM
Gateway processor in non-Gateway motherboard Mac AMD Thunderbird Processors 2 March 11th 06 08:47 PM
Gateway DC-M42 David Gateway Computers 2 February 28th 04 03:42 PM
Hard Drive Comaptibility Gateway vs non-Gateway???? mike Gateway Computers 2 December 25th 03 04:46 AM
WTD: Motherboard Layout for Gateway Gateway 4000206 TonyG Gateway Computers 3 August 9th 03 12:33 AM