Gigabit Lan (Marvell) port on Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe stopped working

Old February 25th 08, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Gigabit Lan (Marvell) port on Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe stopped working

Hello,
I was using Gigabit ethernet port on my A7N8X-E for a while, but it
stopped working. No light (led) in the back when I plug in the cable
connector. It happened right after I tried my old video card with that
motherboard.
Ethernet card is not visible in the device manager it disappeared from
the system. Nothing is happening when I plug in cable from my router.
Is there any tools to diagnose that port? It looks completely dead.
Thanks for any help.
Old February 26th 08, 01:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
mr deo

wrote in message
Hello,
I was using Gigabit ethernet port on my A7N8X-E for a while, but it
stopped working. No light (led) in the back when I plug in the cable
connector. It happened right after I tried my old video card with that
motherboard.
Ethernet card is not visible in the device manager it disappeared from
the system. Nothing is happening when I plug in cable from my router.
Is there any tools to diagnose that port? It looks completely dead.
Thanks for any help.

Did you go into the bios for anything while you were swapping cards around?.
Sounds like it's either completly disabled, or the psu (on board) may be
cutting off.

Old February 26th 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

On Feb 26, 5:20*am, "mr deo"
wrote:
wrote in message

Hello,
I was using Gigabit ethernet port on my A7N8X-E for a while, but it
stopped working. No light (led) in the back when I plug in the cable
connector. It happened right after I tried my old video card with that
motherboard.
Ethernet card is not visible in the device manager it disappeared from
the system. Nothing is happening when I plug in cable from my router.
Is there any tools to diagnose that port? It looks completely dead.
Thanks for any help.

Did you go into the bios for anything while you were swapping cards around?.
Sounds like it's either completly disabled, or the psu (on board) may be
cutting off.

No, I was not able to get into bios, the old card I have swaped gave
me black screen so I have switched back to my regular card and
everything stared except my gigabit lan port.
It really looks completley disabled. Is there any way to check it?

BTW. the old video card was AGP I think 2x which it is supposed to
work with power 3.3V, but than I have realized that A7N8X-E supports
only AGP card with power 1.5V.
Could that cause the problem?
Yesterday, I did cmos reset, but it didn't help at all.

Old February 26th 08, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Charlie Hoffpauir

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:41:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Feb 26, 5:20*am, "mr deo"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Well, the A7N8X-E Deluxe has two ethernet connections.

Did you just plug into the wrong one? Did you check to see if you can
get the other one to work?

--
Charlie Hoffpauir
Old February 26th 08, 08:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Charlie Hoffpauirhttp://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/- Hide quoted text -

Likeley for me A7N8X-E has two ethernet connections, so I have swapped
the cable to other one (Nvidia lan port) and it is working OK.
The porblem is with Gigabit Marvell port which has stopped working and
disappeared from windows device manager.
Is there any tools/software to check the motherboard?

Thanks for any help.

Old February 27th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Natéag[_2_]

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I have not read the whole thread, but Ihad that motherboard (excellent).
Have you checked if the port is enabled in the BIOS ?

You may wish to reset the BIOS to default and seen whAT HAPPENS.

Old February 28th 08, 03:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Patty

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

It's been a long while since I set my board up, but I don't recall a BIOS
setting to enable/disable the Gigabit Lan Port. If I recall, it's a switch
(jumper) on the board that does so. You can enable/disable the regular
Nvidia Lan Port through the BIOS.

Patty