help needed ! == no video signal

Old July 6th 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skybuck Flying

Default help needed ! == no video signal

Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of possibly
overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 5, 5:39 pm, " wrote:
On Jul 5, 5:18 pm, " wrote:

On Jul 5, 4:47 pm, "Skybuck Flying" wrote: 1. Do
the graphics cards have two dvi connectors ?
Try each dvi connector.

Yup, tried that. Also took out PCI-e and just tried a spanking new PCI
card from Best Buy, plain old PCI video card (white slot), nothing. I
have successfully built about 20 PC in my life, I mention that to say
that I am pretty careful about checking cables, snug fits of cards in
slots, etc.

2. Is the SLI bridge connected properly ?

No SLI, just one PCI-e card, so no SLI bridge connector used.

3. Are the extra power cables connected to the graphics cards ?
Check it.

Yup.

I also just took out the mobo and power, did a Frankenstein setup--
mobo on cardboard, power unit hooked up to mobo, only card in mobo is
the graphics card. Nada, nothing except cooling fan spinning over the
CPU. Both power cables attached to mobo, power cable attached to PCI-e
card. Tried both DVI out on back of graphics card for output to LCD
monitor. No video signal reaching monitor.

My guess is the mobo is bad, because i took out
the mobo and put it on cardboard (Frankenstein setup), took out
power unit, hooked it all up bare on the table top with just mobo,
cpu, video card, power. No video signal to monitor (which worked
yesterday on another PC so monitor is good). I tried my other 7900
geforce card on your mobo and still nothing. I went to Best Buy,
bought a geforce 5700 pci card and tried that in the system, nothing.
I opened up my system and tried my cpu in my friend's system and still
nothing. I tried my power unit on his mobo, nothing. Logic tells me
it just has to be the mobo. And it can't be shorting out since I took
it out and put it on cardboard. I really can not think of ANY other
components that would be the cause, it has been whittled down to the
bare essentials I would think?

Old July 6th 07, 11:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John

Please...**** off, you doint belong here...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of possibly
overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 6th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skybuck Flying

Dat mag je niet zeggen van Tiscali.

You're not allowed to say that according to Tiscali.

They should disable your internet like they did to me.

HAH !

Bye,
Skybuck.

"John" wrote in message
i.nl...
Please...**** off, you doint belong here...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of possibly
overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 6th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skybuck Flying

Abuse sent.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"John" wrote in message
i.nl...
Please...**** off, you doint belong here...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of possibly
overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 6th 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Linux Geek

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:42:10 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Abuse sent.

Bye,
Skybuck.

You stupid ****-stick. **** off, you don't belong here.

Linux Geek

Saying that XP is the most stable MS OS is like saying that
asparagus is the most articulate vegetable. (Dave Barry)
Old July 6th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John

I did follow you the last period, and you were crossposting everywhere, and
somehow everybody hates you.

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Dat mag je niet zeggen van Tiscali.

You're not allowed to say that according to Tiscali.

They should disable your internet like they did to me.

HAH !

Bye,
Skybuck.

"John" wrote in message
i.nl...
Please...**** off, you doint belong here...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of
possibly overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 6th 07, 10:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skybuck Flying

People generally hate smart-asses because it makes them look stupid.

I can't help that.

Bye,
Skybuck

"John" wrote in message
i.nl...
I did follow you the last period, and you were crossposting everywhere, and
somehow everybody hates you.

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Dat mag je niet zeggen van Tiscali.

You're not allowed to say that according to Tiscali.

They should disable your internet like they did to me.

HAH !

Bye,
Skybuck.

"John" wrote in message
i.nl...
Please...**** off, you doint belong here...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
Well there you have it folks another motherboard dies because of
possibly overheat issue's.

One final cause could be failed bios chip, but don't count on it.

My bet: the motherboard is DEAD.

(Followup set to asus as well to let those folks know another asus
motherboard dead... not by me... see post history.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 6th 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Skybuck Flying

Neither does your post !

Linux geek. Pehehehe.

Bye,