Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Old December 20th 20, 06:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
skybuck2000

Default Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 9:03:28 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
Also booting laptop with HDMI plugged into to receiver for audio is not without risk.

The boot screen/boot process can not be seen, so this was another annoying failure cause by weird design.

Not even sure if safe mode would work at all in hdmi, no idea exactly what happened, press F8 couldn't see a damn thing, restarted the laptop without hdmi.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

7.1 audio extraction, HDMI passthru.

https://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-Blac.../dp/B01B5FR722

Example of converting modern equipment for usage with older materials.

laptop ----- HDMI_IN --- (Box) --- HDMI_OUT --- HDMI-to-VGA ------- LCD VGA monitor
| dongle adapter
7.1 analog
audio to
receiver

Paul

Hmm I never sent this message below, but now I still will

Hmm somewhat interesting device, but why would it need this ?

Laptop has HDMI out port already and thus can be attached to receiver ?

Maybe you mean this device can survive multiple pc's ?

Now I see why you write this, it's about the laptop not displaying screen when connected to the receiver via HDMI.

The receiver has no display device, the receiver is only used for audio.

So the laptop is connected to receiver... via hdmi... only for passing audio signal to receiver.

However toshiba laptop is a bit dumb during booting and turns off the laptop video screen...

Later when windows boots/logs in, windows is probably smart enough to do "dual screen" so laptop screen is back again.

Not sure if your device would fix it..

I am quite skeptical

Come to think of it...

I already have an HDMI to VGA adapter.

I could plug that into laptop and then see if LCD also shuts off during boot...

Hmmm...

Weird

But for now it's ok.

I have no real need for this device.

I just pull the HDMI cable out of laptop and reboot or whatever and it's workable

But nice suggestion anyway !

HOWEVER

What I would be interested in is a MIXING device.

I would like to do this:

1. PC already connected to receiver via ANALOG and TOSLINK so two audio options/cables.

2. Laptop already connected to receiver via HDMI.

I want to game on the laptop (I know strangely enough)

I want to play music on the PC.

I want the receiver denon 1909 to mix the game sound with the music from PC.

Unfortunately and stupid enough and unbelievable enough this Denon 1909 receiver can't do it as far as I know ?!?

It has all these inputs options... and all these output options ?!

And Denon never bothered to build in a MIXER !?!?!?!??!?!

WTF ?!?!

Bye,
Skybuck.