Capturing video with 9800 AIW????

Old May 25th 05, 12:05 AM
Steve

Default Capturing video with 9800 AIW????

Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my dish.
I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two audio
cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and sound on
my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)

What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be great!

Old May 25th 05, 01:46 AM
T Shadow

"Steve" wrote in message
Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my

dish.
I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two audio
cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and sound

on
my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)

What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be

great!

TV Player(MMC). 29.97 Is NTSC
digitalfaq.com is a good source of this type of info, especially for AIW
users.

Old June 5th 05, 03:25 PM
J. Clarke

Steve wrote:

Thanks shadow
"Steve" wrote in message
Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my
dish. I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two
audio cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and
sound on my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)

What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be
great!

The frame rate on NTSC video is 29.97 frames per second.

The AIW should have come with ATI Multimedia Center, which has a recording
application.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate