Cable Modem not allowing computer to shut down

Old July 29th 04, 05:35 PM
Anton

Default Cable Modem not allowing computer to shut down

Hello everyone,

I have an Ericsson PipeRider HM200c cable modem and while it is
plugged in, my computer won't shut down. Here's what happens:

If I tell Windows to shut down, the computer goes all the way until it
has to shut down, but at the final step, it just restarts.

Ok, but if I try it another way, if I use the button on the case and
hold it for 4 seconds, it shuts down, stays shut for maybe 1-2 seconds
and then turns on again - by itself.

Now, if I unplug the cable modem from the electric outlet (to turn it
off), everything works perfectly, the computer shuts down normally.

The only time I have seen the computer off and the modem on, is when
there was a power blackout. After the power came back, the modem was
on, but the computer didn't start automatically.

Do you have any idea how I can allow my computer to shut down with the
modem on?

This has been bugging me for a lot of time, and I can't allow the
computer to go into stand-by mode, hibernation mode or anything
similar.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old July 31st 04, 10:49 AM
Ron Cook

Sudden computer shut off or restart FayeC General 6 January 21st 05 05:45 AM
Question on Cable Modem? Terry Dell Computers 8 August 26th 04 11:16 PM
Boot problem *Vanguard* General 8 February 29th 04 06:53 AM
How to Fix Your Computer Ben Dellar Overclocking AMD Processors 4 November 12th 03 01:39 AM
Cable modem problem [email protected] General 1 September 25th 03 09:16 AM