MSI FX5600

Old April 2nd 04, 05:57 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

fix yer comp clock

"Eddie" wrote in message
. au...
I have the MSI FX5600 128VTDR card. Bought late last year and I thought

that
at last I was doing ok. For once an uptodate vid card....wrong!

Since then I have tried to get it to work properly...very few games

though,
mostly FS2004 and Links 2001. With links I rarely get the full grahpics
options. Very disappointing to find that it seems to react like a

low-grade
card. For those that know Links, I now cannot get the reverse shot, and if

select panoramic view, there is no selection for normal view on the green.
Almost no graphics options.

This has mostly happened since I upgraded from ME, and 2000 PRo to WinXP!

In the settings section I cannot activate the AGP options which are not
greyed out but remain white and blank and the info tels me I have a PCI
card. The mobo is AGP x 8.

In the readme files, NOT ONE of the drivers I have tried actually states
that the FX5600 is covered, despite MSI website clearly stating that the
FX5600 is.

My sys:

Asus 800 Delux Mobo
CPU Intel 2.4 c
2 x 512 Mb ram dual channel.
MIS FX5600 VTDR vid card
I have tried a number of MSI drivers
Current driver rolled back to 45.33

Is this a peculiarity of XP? And, does it not require Links 2003?

Eddie

Old April 2nd 04, 12:09 PM
Mal

"Eddie" wrote in message
. au...

| I'd sugest a new install of xp. Up grades are problems for
| the most part.
| I'm running an MSI-FX5600xt with xp pro useing 5303 drives
| and no issues here.
|
| XP not an 'upgrade', but OEM full.
|
| Eddie

I think what he was referring to was that you had upgraded from ME -
2kpro - xp ... if you've just updated your windows install each time and
not a fresh install there will be a lot of files left over from the previous
versions which can, and do, cause problems. If you haven't tried it already
then backup your personal files somewhere, to another partition/hdd or cdr
etc .. wipe your current install of windows and install again from scratch.

Let us know what happens

Mal

--
Of course everything is in the last place you look!
Why would you find it and keep on looking??!

Old April 2nd 04, 03:19 PM
Eddie

Default MSI FX5600

I have the MSI FX5600 128VTDR card. Bought late last year and I thought that
at last I was doing ok. For once an uptodate vid card....wrong!

Since then I have tried to get it to work properly...very few games though,
mostly FS2004 and Links 2001. With links I rarely get the full grahpics
options. Very disappointing to find that it seems to react like a low-grade
card. For those that know Links, I now cannot get the reverse shot, and if I

Old April 3rd 04, 03:37 PM
Ed Medlin

Yes, Mal, that is what I thought too. Which is why I replied OEM. I
remormatted my drive and put on a totally 'clean' install.

Last night I downloaded 56.72 from the nVidia site. Similar performance on
Links2001 to the previous install, but, FS2004 is much faster than before
and image quality good...so far...more to do but AGP settings still
inaccessable. I know that this has been an issue with nVidia on some

cards.

Seems that Links2001 does not like XP. I might get v 2003 and see what
happens. However, I spend little time on games so for all else things are
fine. Long, long way from my old DOS days.....

Eddie

Eddie,
I mess around with Links 2003 and it works fine on my XP Pro installs. I
even use it on occaision on my laptop with an ATI Mobility 4500 (really slow
card video card) and it is acceptable. I haven't tried v2001 since I have
had XP installed on my systems, so I cannot comment on that version. I also
use the 56.72 drivers on an FX5950 Ultra card and they are fine.

Ed

---

Old April 5th 04, 03:11 PM
Eddie

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Thanks Ed, seems I'll have to go Links2003, which I was planning to do
sometime anyway.

Eddie