Help...Need Recommendation Please

Old October 29th 03, 02:06 PM
JW

Default Help...Need Recommendation Please

One of the components of a desktop computer that I have never been able to
fully understand and especially why there is such a broad quality/price
range, is the video card.
Especially AGP DDR cards. I currently am using a ATI Rage Fury Pro 2000 AGP
and am building another computer so, I'm trying to make sense of it
all. Can anyone here recommend a 4 or 8X DDR card that is the most bang
for the buck under $100.00. I'm not a gamer but I would like to improve on
what I'm using now. Sorry if I have made anyone mad by asking this here.
Thanks, Joe

Old October 29th 03, 03:01 PM
John Lynch, Jr.

"JW" wrote in message
.. .
One of the components of a desktop computer that I have never been able to
fully understand and especially why there is such a broad quality/price
range, is the video card.
Especially AGP DDR cards. I currently am using a ATI Rage Fury Pro 2000

AGP
and am building another computer so, I'm trying to make sense of it
all. Can anyone here recommend a 4 or 8X DDR card that is the most bang
for the buck under $100.00. I'm not a gamer but I would like to improve

on
what I'm using now. Sorry if I have made anyone mad by asking this here.
Thanks, Joe

Sure, you can go to http://www.newegg.com and get you a GeForce 4 Ti for
under $100

Old October 29th 03, 09:13 PM
Lee

from my understanding there is no difference between 4x and 8x agp in terms
of performance i don't think any motherboards yet take full advantage of the
8x bandwidth. For around $100 i think your probably wanting to look at the
gf ti4200 series these are probably best bang for the buck :-)

Later.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:06:44 GMT, "JW" wrote:

:One of the components of a desktop computer that I have never been able to
:fully understand and especially why there is such a broad quality/price
:range, is the video card.
:Especially AGP DDR cards. I currently am using a ATI Rage Fury Pro 2000 AGP
:and am building another computer so, I'm trying to make sense of it
:all. Can anyone here recommend a 4 or 8X DDR card that is the most bang
:for the buck under $100.00. I'm not a gamer but I would like to improve on
:what I'm using now. Sorry if I have made anyone mad by asking this here.
:Thanks, Joe
:

-----
Lee.

Old October 30th 03, 10:17 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:06:44 GMT, "JW" wrote:

One of the components of a desktop computer that I have never been able to
fully understand and especially why there is such a broad quality/price
range, is the video card.
Especially AGP DDR cards. I currently am using a ATI Rage Fury Pro 2000 AGP
and am building another computer so, I'm trying to make sense of it
all. Can anyone here recommend a 4 or 8X DDR card that is the most bang
for the buck under $100.00. I'm not a gamer but I would like to improve on
what I'm using now. Sorry if I have made anyone mad by asking this here.
Thanks, Joe

Ti4200 - 64mb version - best deal HANDS DOWN for under $100...

www.pricewatch.com - $80 delivered. Get THE *MSI* brand, its almost
silent - well designed.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!