Latest Det's: only better for new(er) cards?

Old October 20th 03, 05:59 PM
tq96

Default Latest Det's: only better for new(er) cards?

Ok, I have the Asus V8420S/TD GeForce4 Ti4200 128 Mb .... Will I gain
positive things with the latest Detonators (beta) or is their a
"limit" on what Detonator will work fine with my card?
I now use the Detonator version 45.23

Most performance improvements in the new drivers will not affect older
cards and there's even a chance that performance will go down a little bit.
You will, however, benefit from bug fixes and new features.

For example, one new feature is that the 50 series drivers allow you to set
color correction seperately for desktop use, overlays and full screen
mirrors, while the 40 series appears not to.

However, don't forget the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Old October 20th 03, 07:56 PM
Flow

I tested alot of the dets for my asus8440.
I find the 41.09 still the fastest and smoothest for my system.
Also in later dets desktop fonts are different,more contrast and a bit
unsharp(not blurry)
Then again,this applies for my system.I got a philips109P4 Brilliance
monitor.

"tq96" schreef in bericht

Old October 23rd 03, 10:18 PM
Flow

Yes,also a fast one,but i had unsharp desktop fonts with those.

"Walter L. Shoemake III" schreef in bericht
.. .