FX 5600 Ultra

Old October 12th 03, 09:21 PM
Helion

Default FX 5600 Ultra

After thinking for the last 2 months of getting a ATI 9600 Pro or the 9600XT
when they come out, I stumbled across a 5600 Ultra for 124.99 at Best Buy.
Being fully aware of the DX9 problems with the nvidia cards I figured I
would take my chances considering the price. (was never considering any
card over $200). My whole computer is fairly cheap as I just don't have the
money to invest in higher grade components.

Let me say I am very happy with the 5600 Ultra and have no intentions of
buying HL2. OpenGL performance is excellent and I got the following scores
with these benchmarks.

Specs: Athlon XP 2200+
512MB Simpletech PC2100 at CAS2
Chaintech AK32A MB with KT266A chipset
Windows XP Home
(Everything is at stock speeds)

3dmark01 - 10102
3dmark03 - 3199
Aquamark3 - 21398

Am mainly a flight simmer and it has been adequate so far with all settings
turned up. Guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that although I
would love to have a 9800 Pro, am very happy with 5600.... no regrets.

Old October 13th 03, 08:02 AM
Darthy

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:21:15 GMT, "Helion"
wrote:

[...]

Ultra version? Good deal... maybe they messed up

When the offical 52.xx drivers come out next month, it will give you a
speed boost on top of the 5600.

The 5600Ultra, if it SOLD for $125 TODAY, off store shelves - it would
be a GOOD value card.... but not at $200.

The 5900 ULTRAS are almost $300!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 13th 03, 04:37 PM
Aki Peltola

"Helion" wrote
Am mainly a flight simmer and it has been adequate so far with all

settings
turned up. Guess what I'm trying to say in this post is that although I
would love to have a 9800 Pro, am very happy with 5600.... no regrets.

You mentioned nothing about the noise of ur FX-card,
especially during gameplay... does that mean it is so QUIET?

Old October 14th 03, 03:41 PM
Helion

Cannot detect any additional noise, even during gameplay. However I have a
80mm intake, 92mm exhaust and dual 80mm fans on my 450 watt psu and they are
probably masking it. I just unplugged all my case fans except PSU, GPU and
CPU fans and all I could hear was the PSU fans.

"Aki Peltola" wrote in message
news
"Helion" wrote