Good or Bad Score

Old September 8th 03, 03:20 AM
Dragon

Default Good or Bad Score

Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was 8710
that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How can I
improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change to
improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be appreciated as
I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on my
geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.

anyway help if you can

cheers Dave

Old September 8th 03, 01:45 PM
Ed Medlin

"Dragon" wrote in message
Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was 8710
that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How can

improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change to
improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be appreciated

as
I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on

my
geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.

anyway help if you can

cheers Dave

It is impossible to give you an answer without knowing what CPU you are
using.

EM

Old September 8th 03, 02:32 PM
Dragon

hi I am running a 2gig amd cpu if that helps, I know I can get better
performance but people say that changing the settings in the display
properties for the nvidia helps but I am not sure which ones to adjust

cheers Dave

Old September 8th 03, 07:00 PM
chrisrobin

My gf4 ti 4200 64mb 8xagp with an 2000 ghz does 8900(1.4 ghz same video
8500). but this is with 31.40 drivers. I havent installed any drivers
above because of the driver cheat/opt feasco. But since you are using
the 5600 then newer drivers are probly prudent. you didnt list what cpu
you are running?

Old September 8th 03, 08:34 PM
Dragon

not even sure about doing that forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic filtering
anu advise where to check that

cheers dave

"Martin Eriksson" wrote in message
"Dragon" wrote in message
Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was

8710
that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How

can
improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change

improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be

appreciated
as
I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on

my
geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.

I was running 41.09 drivers and got 11000 with my GF4 Ti4200 + nForce2 +
DDR266 + AthlonXP 2100+ + Windows 2000.

Are you sure you're not forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic filtering
somewhere?

/M

Old September 10th 03, 08:25 AM
Ron Merts

Look in Performance and Quality in the FX 5600 tab for FSAA and Performance
settings, and in OpenGL for VSYNC settings.

Ron

Old September 10th 03, 08:15 PM
iamnotme

I have an Athlon XP1700+ (1.46 ghz) with 512mb DDR on an ASUS A7N8X
mobo...i've got an ASUS V8420 Deluxe video card (ti4200 modestly clocked @
275/600) and my highest score in 3dmark2001se is 10687.

cheers