Ti4200 Capture won't work! Help.

Old August 3rd 03, 09:00 PM
Scott H

Default Ti4200 Capture won't work! Help.

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. I have the ti4200 128MB
Golden Sample with VIVO. I'm using NVIDIA 41.09 Certified Drivers and
WDM 1.23 drivers. Win XP Pro(SP1) I've had the card for a few months
and it's great, but today I tried to use the video capture for the
first time, and I'm having no luck capturing from my Camcorder. I have
the dongle attached to the card, and the camera attached to the
composite inputs.

Using both WinProducer that came with the card, and VirtualDub, I just
get a black screen and no audio, as if it doesn't see the input at
all. Both programs recognize the nVidia WDM Video Cpature Device, but
I can't see any video.

Any ideas?
Old August 5th 03, 11:38 AM
Angelo Masci

Scott H wrote:
Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. I have the ti4200 128MB
Golden Sample with VIVO. I'm using NVIDIA 41.09 Certified Drivers and
WDM 1.23 drivers. Win XP Pro(SP1) I've had the card for a few months
and it's great, but today I tried to use the video capture for the
first time, and I'm having no luck capturing from my Camcorder. I have
the dongle attached to the card, and the camera attached to the
composite inputs.

Using both WinProducer that came with the card, and VirtualDub, I just
get a black screen and no audio, as if it doesn't see the input at
all. Both programs recognize the nVidia WDM Video Cpature Device, but
I can't see any video.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem, I spent ages playing about with drivers and
thought I was going mad and then by chance I connected the connectors
in a different order and it just worked. I cant remember the order
other than it wasnt the obvious white-white yellow-yellow red-red
that you would expect. Please try a different combo and see what
happens, you wouldnt have believed my face when I saw video appear.

Please reply if this fixes your problem.

Old September 2nd 03, 08:40 PM
hobnobs38

Angelo Masci wrote in message ...
Scott H wrote:
[...]

Try adjusting the brightness and contrast settings in capture options.
Mine were all set to 0 by default. set all to halfway - away you go.
had me confused for ages, and so simple...