Visual artifacts Asus Radeon 9600XT Quake 3 1.32

Old August 28th 04, 03:36 PM
MC

Default Visual artifacts Asus Radeon 9600XT Quake 3 1.32

Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with an
nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I have
made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in Quake 3) for
video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y
Old August 29th 04, 12:54 PM
McGrandpa

MC wrote:
Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y

Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
McG.

Old August 30th 04, 12:20 AM
MC

McGrandpa wrote:
MC wrote:

Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y

Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
McG.

I tried re-installing the Direct X 9.0 c per recommendation. I
performed this by downloading the entire redistributable package to
remove any dropped data during the normal web install. This did not
alleviate the problem. I may try an older ATI driver package as it
seems there are some issues with the quality of the software ATI posts.

p00lb0y
Old September 2nd 04, 05:29 PM
S.P. Goodman

"McGrandpa" wrote in message
MC wrote:
Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y

Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
McG.

Wasn't there some kind of 3D setting one could tweak for this when DirectX 7
first came out?

--
Stephen Goodman
*