3Dmark2001SE

Old May 3rd 04, 11:23 PM
dotnetman

Default 3Dmark2001SE

I just learned about the benchmark program, 3DMark2001SE and downloaded the
free version .
(I'm sure most people on this newsgroupare aware of it).

My rating was 8537, is this good, bad or average?

Intel MB D865PERL
2.4 Ghz P4
1 Gb DDR 400 Mhz RAM
DirectX 9
ATI AIM 9000 Pro

Ed.

Old May 3rd 04, 11:32 PM
atwifa

not bad, considering you have a ****e motherboard

Old May 4th 04, 02:45 AM
Jimmy

ARRRRGGHHH you can smell the ****e from here... ewwww

Old May 4th 04, 02:54 AM
dotnetman

What is so wrong with this Intel motherboard? So far it has been rock solid
as opposed to my other two noname motherboard systems. This PC is not setup as a high end
garphics or game system but a general purpose PC with the additional ability
to capture video from analog sources. It works fine for me.
Again this is not intended to be a gaming system.

om...

Old May 4th 04, 05:39 AM
Mangyrat

if it works for you then great, just ignore the its **** thing.
but your asking for it when you start benchmarking and posting results with
things like 3dmark. its a benchmark for gamers so they kinda think you have
a game rig if your benching it. you shuld use things like sys mark "or what
ever its called" to test your sys, if your not a gamer and dont care how
good your sys preforms in 3d games.
and its not a realy bad score for your main board and grafics card.
is scores around what my old 1800+ amd and gf 3 ti 200 or ati 8500 did. if
you had a better video card iw would be a lot faster in 3d. i realy dont
think your main board is that bad.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"dotnetman" wrote in message
What is so wrong with this Intel motherboard? So far it has been rock

solid
as opposed to my other two noname motherboard systems. This PC is not

setup as a high end
garphics or game system but a general purpose PC with the additional

ability
to capture video from analog sources. It works fine for me.
Again this is not intended to be a gaming system.

om...

Old May 4th 04, 06:02 AM
Augustus

My rating was 8537, is this good, bad or average?

Intel MB D865PERL
2.4 Ghz P4
1 Gb DDR 400 Mhz RAM
DirectX 9
ATI AIM 9000 Pro

For a 9000 Pro it's not bad. Even with a P4 3.2 you won't be getting much
over 9500 or so. My 8500 128Mb gets 11,800 with a Barton at 2.200Ghz. The
main difference is that the 9000 and 9200's can only process one texture per
cycle, whereas the 8500 / 9100 family can do 2 per pass.

Old May 4th 04, 08:18 AM
atwifa

trouble with intel boards is that they do what is says on the box .... but
that's it. nothing else. they're not configurable/adjustable *at all*