Curious problem with Vaio (ATI Rage Mobility) and Pinnacle Studio 8

Old February 5th 04, 06:55 AM
Ronald O. Christian

Default Curious problem with Vaio (ATI Rage Mobility) and Pinnacle Studio 8

First I should say that I haven't verified this with my own eyes.
I'm trying to help someone 170 miles away to render a video.

A friend is trying to edit video down to VHS tape using a Sony
Vaio, Pinnacle Studio 8 and the Pinnacle Linx. The Vaio, he says,
is a PCG933A, which, I have read, is equivalent to a PCGF650. The
manual says this machine has a Rage Mobility chipset with 8mb sdram.

The Vaio has a composite video out, and he's running that and
the audio out to his VCR.

He has the video captured and edited, he just can't get it out
to tape.

He says that the VCR sees whatever is on the laptop screen, so
he seems to have the cables set up properly. But when he chooses
"vga device" as the video out device in Studio 8, the video plays
on the laptop screen but the VCR sees "frames and frames of
blackness".

I don't see how this is possible, unless Studio is somehow disabling
the composite out. If for some reason this is what is happening,
(how?) would a tool like tvtool help?

Any and all help would be appreciated. He's extremely frustrated,
to the point where he's about to perform "vigorous preemptive
maintenance"
on the laptop.

Ron
-
http://www.christianfamilywebsite.com
http://www.iswizards.com
Definition: Nelp: Contraction of "no help". Colloquial: Help
messages that are of no help whatsoever. Pertains to help files,
messages or documentation that convey no useful information, or
pedantically repeat the blindingly obvious.

This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
Weird problem with Sony Vaio while typing.. Jason General 5 March 25th 04 10:38 PM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM