Only 4 points gain in 3dmark2001se?

Old February 4th 04, 09:58 PM
Asestar

Default Only 4 points gain in 3dmark2001se?

I ran standard becnhmarks with r8500le 64mb, using cat4.1., 256mb agp
apperture, agp4x.

In "3Ddirect3d" i set slider to "default" (high quality texture. and
mipmap), the result was 6320.
I set now to "maximum performance" (performance texture and mipmap), the
result came 6324.

That's only 4 marks difference? Is it normal?

I'm on duron1,3GHz, pc133 sdram, win-xp pro, dx9.0b, abit kt7A mobo.

Old February 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Glenn

The last time I bm'd a card at default and then performance setting was with
a 9600xt a week or so ago. the difference wasn't much (can't remember
exactly) maybe no more than a hundred? I am not surprised to see the
difference in your card. For some comparison though, try it at quality
settings. The 9600xt went from around 11600 to 4300?

Glenn

"Asestar" )_nospam_ wrote in message
I ran standard becnhmarks with r8500le 64mb, using cat4.1., 256mb agp
apperture, agp4x.

In "3Ddirect3d" i set slider to "default" (high quality texture. and
mipmap), the result was 6320.
I set now to "maximum performance" (performance texture and mipmap), the
result came 6324.

That's only 4 marks difference? Is it normal?

I'm on duron1,3GHz, pc133 sdram, win-xp pro, dx9.0b, abit kt7A mobo.

---

Old February 5th 04, 10:05 PM
Asestar

I'm out of words! I set "high quality" and ran the benchmark. I got 6252!
That's with 8xAF! Only 70point drop.. not bad i guess..

Old February 5th 04, 10:16 PM
Asestar

This just in.. At "optimal quality" I got 6066. I guess not a big drop
considering 16xAF, 2xAA quality.

Compaired to "high quality" 6252, "default" 6320, and "optimal performance"
6324.

Oh and card runs at 250/250 @ 254/254
What do you say?

Old February 6th 04, 10:49 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:58:32 GMT, "Asestar"
)_nospam_ wrote:

I ran standard becnhmarks with r8500le 64mb, using cat4.1., 256mb agp
apperture, agp4x.

In "3Ddirect3d" i set slider to "default" (high quality texture. and
mipmap), the result was 6320.
I set now to "maximum performance" (performance texture and mipmap), the
result came 6324.

That's only 4 marks difference? Is it normal?

I'm on duron1,3GHz, pc133 sdram, win-xp pro, dx9.0b, abit kt7A mobo.

Upggraded to what?

Also... duron 1.3 / PC133 will severely effect performance.... MORE
CPU power is needed.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old February 6th 04, 03:48 PM
Asestar

No upgrades. That's the whole point, all these test were performed on same
config in bios. Only changes were in ATI panel, as mentioned.
I know duron1,3 is not fast, but it's my secondary system, mainly for
surfing, movies and downloading.
However

But what do you think? Is it kinda good for this system?

Old February 7th 04, 09:53 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:48:14 GMT, "Asestar"
)_nospam_ wrote:

No upgrades. That's the whole point, all these test were performed on same
config in bios. Only changes were in ATI panel, as mentioned.
I know duron1,3 is not fast, but it's my secondary system, mainly for
surfing, movies and downloading.
However

I dunno... I have no idea what youre comparing your 8500Le to...

But what do you think? Is it kinda good for this system?

More than enough power for movies, surfing and downloading.