Xp 2400 2 Ghz and a Radeon 9800 Pro will i get ll the power fromthe 9800 Pro ?

Old January 24th 04, 06:44 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default Xp 2400 2 Ghz and a Radeon 9800 Pro will i get ll the power fromthe 9800 Pro ?

Just dont want to waste the Cards performance, is 2 Ghz CPu a decent
match, not alot of bottle necking ?

Thanks.

Old January 24th 04, 06:53 PM
JAD

What mainboard? IOW FSB would be?

Old January 24th 04, 07:22 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

A7v266-e, 266 fsb.

Using PC 2100, with a 100mhz overclock

Old January 24th 04, 07:23 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Ive got a Radeon 9600 Pro seems ok, but with the 9800 prices now, i
can get a 9800 Pro 500 bucks Australian, better than the 700,800,900
they were.

Thanks.

Old January 24th 04, 07:58 PM
JAD

A7v266-e, 266 fsb.

Using PC 2100, with a 100mhz overclock

I think you were bonked on the head one too many times while in defense of the 'one'. Overclocking today is sort of 'boring'
where's the challenge? jumpers and software enablebility(word check) whoopee doo OC'n is an overrated pastime..MO of course, comes
from trying to squeeze 12mhz out of a 8mhz 8086..getting there and really thinking your something...ready to hack the planet....but
I digress.....

Old January 24th 04, 08:35 PM
Lithurge

wrote in :

Want to answer the question or not ?

Wouldn't bother with Jad mate.

He just spent (and may still do but I don't see it anymore) a
lot of time asking questions but never actually trying
anything for himself and then moaning when people tried to
help.
Old January 24th 04, 08:41 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Help with what ?

Old January 24th 04, 08:53 PM
Lithurge

wrote:

We Live For The One We Die For The One
wrote in
m:

Want to answer the question or not ?

Wouldn't bother with Jad mate.

He just spent (and may still do but I don't see it anymore)
a lot of time asking questions but never actually trying
anything for himself and then moaning when people tried to
help.

Help with what ?

Bear with me as I killfiled him a long time ago, but I seem
to remember it was for advice on the Omega drivers vs the
official ATI ones.

A lot of people gave opinions and all he could do was moan
about how this group was rubbish and didn't have anybody
useful on it.

As for your question it's probably worth looking at a few
hardware review sites for reviews of the 9800, some of them
will likely comment on the bottleneck factor of CPU's on it.

It may help if it has more memory than your current card, one
thing I've noticed with Far Cry demo & my 9700Pro 128mb
(Athlon XP 2.8, reported speed 2.09) is that autodetect sets
everything to high except texture resolution, which I believe
is affected by the Grafx card ram.

Old January 24th 04, 08:58 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Well i was thinking of upgrading to a Barton 2.8 400fsb, with PC3200
ram.

Or would you recommend a Pentium 4 ? 3.06 with hyper threading ? and
PET what the @((@ is PET anyway ? does it speed things up ? PET or PAT
?

Ive been jumping from Cyrix to Pentium, to Celeron, to AMD, might make
the jump back to intell what the hell.

Thanks.

: