9600XT: how's this 3DMark score?

Old January 10th 04, 03:27 AM
LRW

Default 9600XT: how's this 3DMark score?

Just got a Radeon 9600XT 128MB. And for the 2nd time in my life ran a 3DMark
benchmark. =) The last time was back when it was called MadOnion or
something.
Anyway, using 3DMark03, I got this sco
3DMark Score 3559 3DMarks

CPU Score 322.0 CPUMarks

My hardware in addition to the above card:
AMD Athalon XP 1600+ (1.4GHz)
512 MB RAM
Epox 8KHA mobo (VIA KT266 (266MHz FSB)) 4xAGP
100ATA HD

What do you think? Good score? Bad score? What might make it better?

Thanks for any replies!
Liam

Attached Images

Old January 10th 04, 04:03 AM
LRW

I just enabled Fast Writes in the BIOS and re-ran 3DMark and this time got a
score of: 3588.
Is that a pretty good improvement, or not much at all?
I'm about to go run "Battlefield:1942" and the "Call to Arms" demo and see
if there's any difference. =)
Thanks,
Liam

Old January 10th 04, 04:13 AM
Maximus

"LRW" wrote in message
I just enabled Fast Writes in the BIOS and re-ran 3DMark and this time got

score of: 3588.
Is that a pretty good improvement, or not much at all?
I'm about to go run "Battlefield:1942" and the "Call to Arms" demo and see
if there's any difference. =)
Thanks,
Liam

Here are the results of running the same Sapphire Raden 9600XT on 3 boards,
with smae 1 gb RAM:

Gigabyte 8IK1100: 3871 score ( 3Dmarks ) ( RAM: PC2700 )

Asus P4P800 DLX: 3894 ( RAM: PC3200 )

Asus P4C800-ED: 3899 ( RAM: PC2700 )

CPU: all are Pen4 2.53ghz

But not very impressive to me.
Thanks for your result, which is a reference to me.

Maximus

Old January 10th 04, 08:57 AM
Sleepy

29 pts isnt pretty good - its a fluctuation that you may get anyway and in a
real game translates to an extra 10th of a frame ? Fast-writes generally
cause instability so if your games lockup thats the first thing to change
and the second will be to switch off that stupid VPU recovery function. dont
get sucked into comparing artificial benchmarks. youve just bought a very
nice and quite fast graphics card - start enjoying your games.

Old January 10th 04, 02:35 PM
dino

seems alright..I have a Barton 2500 and get 3868 and CPU score of 593

Old January 22nd 04, 03:10 AM
david

my setup is
msi 6712
pc2700 512 Kingston Ram
2100 athlon xp @ 1.73ghz
Radeon 9600xt

i got fast write enable and under the OpenGl and Direct3D i have it
one step towards performance

i got at 3736 3DMarks
362.0 CPUMarks

With the 9600xt at a balance level (of pefromance vs quality) for
opengl and direct3d annddd with fast write disable i only had a score
of 3587
so i had a preaty nice increase
ohh ya if u wana no with opengl and direct 3d at balanced levels of
qualty and performance and fast write turned on i had a 3708

soo looks like 121 points more for fast write then 28 more points for
changing pefromance level