OEMINFO.INI can some one post a demo/sample

Old February 16th 05, 12:14 AM
Ralph2

Default OEMINFO.INI can some one post a demo/sample

Hello, I posted a request some time ago called " Adding information
to empty fields displayed in Asus PC Probe and similar programs" From
a different source I find out this information is contained in a file
one must make and call OEMINFO.INI and then placed in the
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder (98SE), or the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder
(Win2000Pro).

Obviously with the "many" different types of computers the content of
this INI file will vary with the type. So, could someone who has gone
through sorting out what line represents what information be so kind
as to post theirs. From what I can gather a generic sample would be

[General]
Manufacturer=xxxxxxx COMPUTERS
Model=AMD xxxxxxxx

[Support Information]
Line1=C & Jx xxxx
Line2=xx xxxxxx xx
Line3=xxxx xxxx
Line4=xxxxxxx
Line5=
Line6=Tel. xxx xxxx xxxx
Line7=email: xx@xxx
Line8=
Line9==========================================
Line10=
Line11=
Line12=
Line13=
Old February 16th 05, 04:22 AM
timmy

you have to play with the spacing so it looks right in the
application, but this gives you some idea:
(don't forget the quotes as well...)

[general]
Manufacturer= ME
Model= MINE

[OEMSpecific]
SubModel= me
SerialNo= mine
OEM1=
OEM2=

[Support Information]
Line1=" For Technical Support: 254-775-9926"
Line2=" Cell: 224-xxx-xxxx"
Line3=" BBS Toll-free: "
Line4=" BBS: "
Line5=" CompuServe: "
Line6="Technical Support Mail: "
Line7=" Internet Home Page: http://www..."
Line8=" (Monday thru Sunday MST)"
Line9="Explorer shortcut command: "
Line10=" C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n, /e,/select, C:\"

ñíñjà¤têç

-----END-PGP-SIGNATURE-----

Old February 16th 05, 09:09 AM
Nero

OEMINFO.INI File Format:

[Support Information]

Line1=Support information is keyed here

Line2=Additional support information is keyed here.

[general]

Manufacturer=Name of Manufacturer is entered on this line

Model=Model of the PC is entered here

[OEMSpecific]

SubModel=Name of the sub-model is entered on this line

SerialNo=The serial number of your system is entered on this line

OEM1=OEM information is entered on this line

OEM2=Additional OEM information is entered on this line

Old February 17th 05, 02:03 AM
Ralph2

Thanks. This will give me someplace to start. Appreciate your time
Old February 17th 05, 06:38 PM
Clark Griswold

Have a look at this site:
http://www.geocities.com/xpontology/...properties.htm