This is a really inexpensive HDMI cable

Old January 8th 11, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

Default This is a really inexpensive HDMI cable

Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?
Old January 8th 11, 02:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Grinder

On 1/7/2011 6:36 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

I probably should not interject myself into a conversation you appear to
be having with yourself, but I find monoprice.com a good place to get
high quality, inexpensive cabling.

Old January 8th 11, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Metspitzer wrote:
Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

Hilarious :-) This site offers all the parts, to start
making your own cables. This sounds like fun.

http://www.pacificcable.com/HDMI-Con...And-Hoods.html

It's interesting, that the wire cost of the project, is
$1 per foot. That will give you some idea what it should
cost to make a 3 foot cable, in terms of the wire. Actually
pretty cheap. The connectors on the end, are cheaper for
the cable manufacturers, as they're molded onto the cable,
and there is probably no soldering step required. They
likely use some other means to make the electrical connection,
something cheap and less labor intensive.

Seriously though, if you want to find people who care
about the subject, check the AVSForum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi.../t-640545.html

Paul
Old January 8th 11, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 19:36:00 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

I went ahead and bought one. I will be out a full 4 bucks if the
thing is crap. It was free shipping for that one item. I think I can
sleep at night without worrying about getting taken.

Thanks everyone

BTW I was in Home Depot today looking for something else, but I did
notice that the HDMI cable they had was 25 bucks.

Old January 8th 11, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels[_3_]

"Metspitzer" wrote:
Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

A good source for a lot of components like that is
Silcon Valley Compucycle (www.SVC.com). See this
page for monitor cables: http://www.svc.com/monitorcables.html
They're charging $4 for a 3-foot shielded HDMI cable. In the past,
they've shipped such small items for free, but I don't know about
now.

*TimDaniels*

Old January 8th 11, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Man-wai Chang

On 08/01/2011 08:36, Metspitzer wrote:
Would anyone not buy this cable? It seems to inexpensive.
Cheap = Crap.

If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

Why do we need HDMI? Do we really need an integrated video+sound cable?

Still using DVI and 35mm audio cable here.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.36.2
Old January 8th 11, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels[_3_]

"Man-wai Chang" wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
If this one is bad, where would you buy a 3' HDMI cable?

Why do we need HDMI? Do we really need an integrated
video+sound cable?

Still using DVI and 35mm audio cable here.

Some game consoles (maybe all?), and cable/satellite boxes,
and DVRs use HDMI cables.

*TimDaniels*

HDMI cable for Dell Display? Hank Arnold Dell Computers 4 February 4th 10 12:03 PM
Green specs like static on monitor (hdmi cable of hz)? Albert Homebuilt PC's 2 January 9th 10 04:35 AM
HDMI Cable Martin Racette General 5 November 11th 09 08:50 PM
HDMI cable in place of DMI? Bobby General 3 August 22nd 06 08:44 PM
PC audio onto HDMI cable? Noozer General 0 March 10th 05 04:20 AM