8600GT Thoughts ?

Old February 19th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default 8600GT Thoughts ?

I have 11 of the 8600 GTs in a CAD lab .. running CATIA,
Solidworks, etc. Put them in P35 chipset mobos, and
Aquamark3 scored 140,000 ... highest I have ever seen.
They are cool and quiet, and they don't overheat like
all of the 8800s do. I really don't think passive cooling
would work with an 8800 .. or you would still have to
run an external fan with plenty of venting. Still don't
underpower the 8600. Those commercial desktops
tend to be underpowered. Check that.

johns
Old February 19th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wonderman

I have a 945P chipset & a 365 watt PS so no issues there. I also run
Solidworks as well. I'll probably go for the gddr3 . 256mb board. Are you
running the same exact Gigabyte board ?

Old February 19th 08, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
mangyrat

Get a 8800GT the fan can be set to a slower or faster speed with rivatuner
or the nvida control panel
the XFX8800 GT is so silent at stock setting you cant hear it only when I
set the fan to 75% or more can I hear it and I only do that when I OC the
card.

your CPU will hold the card back but look at it this way your going to
upgrade that system sooner or later you may as well have a good video card
for when you do upgrade
or you can waste your $ on a 8600 that is not that good of a upgrade.

"Wonderman" wrote in message
I was considering upgrading from an XFX 7600 GS 256 to this -

FS X is a bit too choppy in the old card and I could use a boost in CAD as
well. Any thoughts appreciated. BTW I'm running a nearly silent Sony
desktop so fanless is really important.

Old March 16th 08, 05:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

"Wonderman" wrote in message

I was considering upgrading from an XFX 7600 GS 256 *to this -

FS X is a bit too choppy in the old card and I could use a boost in CAD as
well. *Any thoughts appreciated. *BTW I'm running a nearly silent Sony
desktop so fanless is really important.- Hide quoted text -

If you just want it for fsx then the 8600gt is faster than the 8800gt
for some reason but if you are doing more than fsx than 8800gt is for
you