New Graphics Card

Old August 12th 03, 07:15 PM
Strontium

Default New Graphics Card

9600 pro, hands down. It's a totally different generation card. The Ti4800
is non-DX9 compliant.

-
AndrewMacInnes stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

I'm getting a new graphics card and have decided to get a card with
either an nividia Geforce Ti4800 chipset or an ATI 9600 chipset as i
think these are the best performing graphics at my price range ~ max
£150 unless anyone has other suggesstions. My main consideration is
performance, does anyone have a suggestion as to which chipset and
graphics card I should go for?

Thanks in advance to replies
Andy

--
Strontium

"You may be right! It's all a waste of time! I guess
that's a chance I'm prepared to take....A danger
I'm prepared to face.....Cut to the chase." - RUSH

Old August 12th 03, 08:40 PM
Matt M

"Strontium" wrote in message
9600 pro, hands down. It's a totally different generation card. The

Ti4800
is non-DX9 compliant.

And from what I've read, you're better off with a 9500 Pro than the
newer 9600 pro (if anyone has any left in stock)

Old October 29th 03, 08:11 PM
slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as *** HAWK continued:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current
Geforce 2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like
TV-Out. Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

In the UK ?
GForce 5 at my local computer fair were just over 50 quid last week :-)
--
slumpy
no more

Old October 29th 03, 08:28 PM
SgtMinor

Is this where you get your email?

Domain Name: IGNORE.NET

Registrant:
ignore n.o.c. (IGNORE8-DOM)
Urs Schaufelberger
Hardturmstr. 122
Zurich, NO STATE 8005
SWITZERLAND

Old October 29th 03, 08:41 PM
*** HAWK

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

Old October 29th 03, 08:54 PM
SgtMinor

Then stop using that domain name in your addy. Not only are you
appropriating someone else's property but they're getting spammed as a
result.

Try a 'munge' http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

*** HAWK wrote:

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

Old October 29th 03, 08:59 PM
Steven Pilbeam

"*** HAWK" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current

Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like

TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

AGP or PCI ?

What about
http://www.planetmicro.co.uk/product...ckcode=M002276

Old October 29th 03, 09:04 PM
Will Dormann

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

OP: In other words, when munging your email address, be sure to pick a
domain that isn't valid!

-WD

Old October 29th 03, 09:45 PM
SgtMinor

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

OP: In other words, when munging your email address, be sure to pick a
domain that isn't valid!

Those are not the other words that I would use. It's not a good idea to
use anything that even resembles a domain name, valid or not. Even a
seemingly ridiculous domain name may/can/will be registered at some
time. Try for yourself: make up some domain name and check here to see
if it's registered: http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

And adding NOSPAM or another phrase is not foolproof either. I wouldn't
be at all surprised if a spambot stripped the word 'invalid' off your
addy, for instance.

snip
Old October 29th 03, 09:46 PM
°Mike°

No, that is not better. You are STILL using a valid
domain (mail.com). You MUST use 'INVALID' as the
TLD, ie. in place of the .COM - LID

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:34:46 -0000, in

*** HAWK scrawled:

is that better?
i don't know - i didnt realise someone had the domain, i thought it was
obvious (eg ignore)
but i changed it now.
tell me if u object.

Back to Graphic cards..

*** HAWK wrote:

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current

Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like
TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

--
Basic computer maintenance

Decent, low power, silent PCI graphics card? cjm General 7 August 26th 04 10:43 PM
Help: Connect LCD Display with (different) Graphics Card Uwe Kotyczka General 0 May 28th 04 11:30 PM
Inexpensive graphics card for servers and cluster nodes Oliver Mueller General 2 March 29th 04 10:45 PM
Graphics card problem LanNam General 1 December 6th 03 01:48 AM
Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card. Tomas General 5 November 1st 03 05:39 PM