I cannot uninstall the nv drivers!

Old June 21st 07, 02:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
freestonew

Default I cannot uninstall the nv drivers!

hi all...

Yesterday, I got my "driver cleaner" ready, and my "nasty file killer"
ready, to remove the nvidia stuff in my files so that I could upgrade
my vidcard.

I could not even get off of first base!

Each and every time that I tried to uninstall the nvidia, in the
programs add/remove, I would get a win98 error messege, to the effect
of..."illegal action shut down", of course there is no uninstall.

This "new" computer was recently fixed, due to the motherboard dying,
and the fixers placed a new windows install on my first hard drive and
the other stuff on the second hard drive.
Also there is no Nividia folder in the program folders either, they
just used an old card and used the drivers/panel. My registry
cleaner, with its uninstall section, when I try this, the same win98
error comes up.

sis 741gx-mn motherboard
geforece fx5200
c-media sound card.
seprom 1800
win98se

I "hate' to have to try to manually uninstall all of the stuff in the
win sys files, by hand!
I, even though i could clean out the registry, would flinch at trying
to hand-remove all of the driver files, miss just one......!!

maybe i should just accept what i got!

How can I really uninstall this?!

thanks...freestone

Old June 21st 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

What's wrong with using Control Panel uninstall?
There won't be anything "extra" left over after you install updated
drivers.If you were switching to an ATI card then a registry cleaner would
be useful.Not in this situation.

ups.com...

Old June 21st 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
freestonew

On Jun 21, 2:57 pm, "don't look" don't wrote:
What's wrong with using Control Panel uninstall?
There won't be anything "extra" left over after you install updated
drivers.If you were switching to an ATI card then a registry cleaner would
be useful.Not in this situation.

but that is the problem!!

I cannot uninstall using the add and remove, in the control panel!
gives to me an error messege every time.
[...]

thanks...freestone- Hide quoted text -

Old June 22nd 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

freestonew wrote:
On Jun 21, 2:57 pm, "don't look" don't wrote:
What's wrong with using Control Panel uninstall?
There won't be anything "extra" left over after you install updated
drivers.If you were switching to an ATI card then a registry cleaner would
be useful.Not in this situation.

but that is the problem!!

I cannot uninstall using the add and remove, in the control panel!
gives to me an error messege every time.

Why not talk to the people who "fixed" your computer ?
They must have some idea what they did and why.

Paul
Old June 22nd 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
peter

What are you upgrading to???
try this under Device Manager remove your video card and drivers.....shut
down and physically remove the old card.........install new
card......reboot.
do not let device manager load the drivers automatically instead apply the
drivers that came with the new card manually.
If you have switched from Nvidea to ATI...download and run CCleaner's
registry cleaner if lucky it will pick up the Nidea files as unused and you
can delete.
If your are just getting a "bigger&better" Nvidea card the new should
overwrite the old.
peter
oups.com...