Blurred text at 1600x1200 w/GEForce 7600gs with d-sub

Old December 23rd 06, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ms

Default Blurred text at 1600x1200 w/GEForce 7600gs with d-sub

I just bought a gigabyte card with the 7600gs and the images on the d-sub
connection monitor are just terrible. Specifically the card is a

GV-NX76G256D-RH GEFORCE 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI EXPRESS X16

I use dvi for one monitor and the d-sub style for the other. The d-sub
interface is handy because I use kvm's to run a couple of pcs, and d-sub is
the common video interface. My previous card as an AGP ATI 9800 Pro with half
of the ram of the current nvidia card. The ATI d-sub images were very slightly
degraded next to the dvi, but the nvidia card's d-sub is basically not ok for
long term use. It's the same cabling and kvm as before so those are not likely
to be the issue.

I got this card because I figured it'd be way ahead of the ATI 9800 pro. The
DVI might actually be sharper...but it is there anything I can do for the
d-sub side? I'm using the current nvidia driver, windows xp sp2, and the
native res of the two nec lcds is 1600x1200.

If there is nothing I can do to improve this card's d-sub performance I'll
return it. The question then becomes which card to get as a replacement? PC is
a programming workstation, no gaming. I'd like a silent or at least very quiet
card like the gigabyte. ATI or nvidia, either would be ok. Thanks
Old December 23rd 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lorne Mower

"ms" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried re-aligning the monitor sampling of the analog (dsub)
input? - try hitting the 'auto' button on the monitor - this may cure a
pixel alignment problem on the monitor as well.

A new card will give out slightly different video timing and in analog mode
your monitor will need recalibrating.

Lorne

Old December 23rd 06, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ms

On 23/12/2006 "Lorne Mower" wrote:

"ms" wrote in message
[...]

Lorne! Thanks, I had no idea, and it sure made a difference. It's not perfect
but likely I can work with it. It's about the same degree less perfect in
comparison with DVI as the ATI was. Am I just seeing DVI vs D-Sub?
Old December 25th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
gamefixer

You might also want to try other D-Sub cables. When you run the outputs
at high res you really need a good cable otherwise they pic up
interference and you end up with ghosting and fuzzy images.

Matt

Old December 26th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Geoff

I use kvm's to run a couple of pcs

ditch it prob
that won't exactly help your connection quality

you never heard of remote desktop ?
vnc?
etc etc?

Old January 8th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ms

On 25/12/2006 "Geoff" wrote:
I use kvm's to run a couple of pcs

ditch it prob
that won't exactly help your connection quality

you never heard of remote desktop ?
vnc?
etc etc?

I user RD all the time. How are you able to access a pc with RD at boot time?
The KVM is used as the only physical interface to the several pcs. I don't
believe that RD or anything like it can substitute for having a direct
connection to the pc.

Nothing But Coasters dadiOH Cdr 11 February 28th 06 12:48 AM
writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Nero and dvd-r failure Blair Wilson Cdr 1 February 5th 04 07:23 AM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM